PDA

View Full Version : ds head on colision w/buggy..OUCH!

buddha440ex
08-17-2003, 10:56 PM
well....this past trip to Little Sahara in Waynoka,Ok....i ended up coliding w/a buggy...me and a few friends were airing out our Ds650's over a dune and we had ppl at the top waving us on and well they waved me on and right when i get at the top of the dune they tell me to stop well..that doesnt work to well..im launched in the air and i see this $35,000 Lime green dune buggy infront of me...what a scary site...well right as i land WAMM!hit the buggy...its left front tire caught my left from a-arms and tire...it threw me over the ds and buggy both landing on my head...my ds went flying around and bent my right upper and left lower a-arms..my steering stem...my right tie rod was bent to a good 45 degree angle...and the buggy had not one scratch on it...so i went back to camp straightened my tie rod...went to the shop there and straightened my steering stem..and kept riding the rest of the weekend...never saw that buggy again thank god!

300exOH
08-18-2003, 03:56 AM
Glad to hear you weren't hurt. Sounds like it could've been a lot worse for you and the buggy. Did you kick your spotter in the arse? I would've been p***ed.

buddha440ex
08-18-2003, 03:58 AM
well....once he saw me hit the buggy he took off LOL..

zephead400ex
08-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Damn dude, that sucks! Sound like you got pretty lucky! Seems to be quite a few people get hurt at LS recently...:ermm:

peace

buddha440ex
08-19-2003, 04:38 PM
yea...memorial day like 4 ppl got parilized and 1 person died that wkd
snakehunt come to find out no one got hurt bad enough to go to the hospital

wilkin250r
08-25-2003, 09:40 AM
I would be WAY P.Oed at the spotter, go find his lilly ***** and break his arm, then bust his quad up, too.