PDA

View Full Version : anyone had trouble with the new version msn instant messaging??

QuadJunkies
08-17-2003, 06:28 PM
what a mess!!:mad: Ikeep getting error messages since I downloaded the newer version to MSN IM. I get errors DIBENG.exe amd Ddhelp also get GDI.exe and Wuaboot? Any clue whats going on?I called Dell and they got me no where on how to fix it....:grr: ok all you computer goo-roos, any ideas???? One thought was my video card needs an update on the drivers.(for the GDI message) I have a Nvidia card.Any help would be great!!!:)

Guy400
08-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Sorry QJ, can't help you out on your problem at all. I use Windows98 but try to avoid using as much Microsoft as I can. Have you tried uninstalling MSN Messenger and redownloading it?

JTRtrx250r
08-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Sorry QJ, can't help you out on your problem at all. I use Windows98 but try to avoid using as much Microsoft as I can. Have you tried uninstalling MSN Messenger and redownloading it? thats what I had to do also....but it still acts up every now and then:confused:

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
Sorry QJ, can't help you out on your problem at all. I use Windows98 but try to avoid using as much Microsoft as I can. Have you tried uninstalling MSN Messenger and redownloading it? I sure did.......more times than I can count:( ... I talked to a few others that had trouble with there too,when I called MSN they hadnt heard of any problems .........Whatever......:rolleyes: I do think the video card may have a little to do with it, but the other file names Im clueless what they are.......

blaster_boy1335
08-18-2003, 04:09 AM
I had some troubles with msn onece and i just uninstaled it and installed it and it was perfectly fine so I don't know what to tell you....sorry:confused:

Adam202
08-18-2003, 04:10 AM
i just stick to AOL Instant messager, AOL internet sux but the instant messanger is just awesome. i really dont see why all people dont use it.

TGW_400ex
08-18-2003, 04:13 AM
I had a porblem like that with ICQ and i was running Windows 98. So I had the old installer for the previous version and installed it bakc and it worked good. but i have the new version on this computer and it works fine but its windows XP so that might be your problem:confused:

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
I had a porblem like that with ICQ and i was running Windows 98. So I had the old installer for the previous version and installed it bakc and it worked good. but i have the new version on this computer and it works fine but its windows XP so that might be your problem:confused: WINME sucks! Butlthe download was for ME so I dunno....:confused: Im going to XP soon.......

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Adam202
i just stick to AOL Instant messager, AOL internet sux but the instant messanger is just awesome. i really dont see why all people dont use it. I do use AIM also, but I actually prefer MSN any other time:p AIM is too busy, and I talk alot with my family memebers on MSN cause that is what they have....The new version is really cool!!!........when it works for me......:grr:

Glow Plug
08-18-2003, 04:40 AM
Yeah we had that trouble with msn 6.0 Like last month we just uninstalled it and then had 5.0 for a while then we downloaded 6.0 AGAIN (for like the 5th time) and i havent expencened any problems with it. OH BTW are you downloading the windows ME version of it?

flyin#5
08-18-2003, 04:51 AM
i havnt had any problems with my msn.... but if your getting XP soon just uninstal that and you can always use windows messenger (same thing as msn) and then when you get XP download 6.0

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
Yeah we had that trouble with msn 6.0 Like last month we just uninstalled it and then had 5.0 for a while then we downloaded 6.0 AGAIN (for like the 5th time) and i havent expencened any problems with it. OH BTW are you downloading the windows ME version of it? Yes I did....;)

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
i havnt had any problems with my msn.... but if your getting XP soon just uninstal that and you can always use windows messenger (same thing as msn) and then when you get XP download 6.0 it will be a fwe months, prol around Christmas time when I get it, but for now, I guess I was told over time if I dont fix the files it will effect other files over time..Well, what I want to know is if they know that(msn and Dell) then why cant they figure out how to fix it?:confused: :confused2

blaster_boy1335
08-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Every Dell i have ever had has been ****ed up and they don't know how to fix it. I just got a new Dell and it won't turn off:mad:

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by blaster_boy1335
Every Dell i have ever had has been ****ed up and they don't know how to fix it. I just got a new Dell and it won't turn off:mad: are you serious????:eek2: Ive had great results with my Dell, the calling center sucks though,half of them I cant even understand:grr: but my computer has been great overall.They were ranked so high in "excellent customer service" :ermm: not IMO.

blaster_boy1335
08-18-2003, 05:40 AM
Yeah I have had many problems with all 4 computers i bought from Dell and then i call and they mess it up even more:confused: :mad:

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by blaster_boy1335
Yeah I have had many problems with all 4 computers i bought from Dell and then i call and they mess it up even more:confused: :mad: me too! I had to restore it last night causer mine was stuck on DOS:confused2 and they coulsnt get it off, I wasnt very nice after 4 hours of BS,so she hung up on me:o I guess Ill re-install again and see what happens.....

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 06:16 AM
ok now heres another question.... Isnt there a site I can go to, and put in the name of the file,and its exlpains what it is? I tohught I was told that there was a place to do that, but for the life of me I cant remeber where.....:confused:

blaster_boy1335
08-18-2003, 07:04 AM
I know there is a site like that but i have no clue what so ever what it is.:confused: :confused:

SGA
08-18-2003, 08:33 AM
I was running msn 5 and upgraded to six. It caused all kinds of errors. I went to start, settings, control panel, add/remove programs. and deleted msn 6. It asked me first if I wanted to use msn6.0 repair, I tried that but it still was messed up. So I just deleted it.
Then I went and downloaded MSN 6 again. Works ok now. Throws a error very rarely. I think theres some MSN5 still in there I need to need to find and get rid of. I added a msn5 Shortcut down in the lower left taskbar awhile back. Once I got rid of that, alot of the probs were gone.
Also, I noticed that If I let MSN messenger start automatically, it wants to give problems. Error messages and such. I turned off auto start on it and start it myself when I go online. Open MSN messenger. At the top, click on tools, options, general. Uncheck the boxes in the sign in section. The 4th box is greyed out, it cant be changed.
Im a "happy camper" now:)

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by SGA
I was running msn 5 and upgraded to six. It caused all kinds of errors. I went to start, settings, control panel, add/remove programs. and deleted msn 6. It asked me first if I wanted to use msn6.0 repair, I tried that but it still was messed up. So I just deleted it.
Then I went and downloaded MSN 6 again. Works ok now. Throws a error very rarely. I think theres some MSN5 still in there I need to need to find and get rid of. I added a msn5 Shortcut down in the lower left taskbar awhile back. Once I got rid of that, alot of the probs were gone.
Also, I noticed that If I let MSN messenger start automatically, it wants to give problems. Error messages and such. I turned off auto start on it and start it myself when I go online. Open MSN messenger. At the top, click on tools, options, general. Uncheck the boxes in the sign in section. The 4th box is greyed out, it cant be changed.
Im a "happy camper" now:) Thanks SGA.;) I too sign in manually..... Well, Im now getting a Kernel32.dll message I remember this message from before.:mad: I had to clear out my hard drive and start from scratch.I guess they were right.....ITs messing up my whole computer now.......:(

86350x
08-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Mine quit functioning correctly a while back too. They won't let me use it at work, and I'm not on when anyone is around (or awake) anyways though:( .

12-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Try this website

http://www.aaatechsupport.com (www.aaatechsupport.com)

if that dont help try this

http://www.yoogee.com/search/?lt=14&q=microsoft+help+website&cls=wsi8&rid=r01

SGA
12-28-2003, 06:37 PM
On win98 and ME, MSN 5.0 seems to work good. I now have XP with 6.0 and havent looked back.

David
01-08-2004, 05:01 PM
A friend of mine had the same problem and all it is the Windows compatibility. It doesn't have anything to do with your video card.

If I was you I would Windows XP unless you have a computer slower than 400Mhz, then I would run Windows 98. Windows ME is good, but its so unstable and errors with some systems.