PDA

View Full Version : Zps

Chanman420q
08-17-2003, 06:21 PM
I know when u get ZPS front shocks, ull need a ZPS rear as well or it will ride funny. well what about having a ZPS rear and not ZPS front? will it ride funny as well? or does it not matter? i heard it doesnt matter but ive also heard ZPS has to work together. Someone please clear this up for me

.:01_eXrIdEr:.
08-17-2003, 06:31 PM
ISN'R IT UPS???>?:confused:

Chanman420q
08-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by .:01_eXrIdEr:.
ISN'R IT UPS???>?:confused:

no.... ups is a shipping company..... ZPS is a zero preload system..... i suggest u lay off the drugs a lil...... :huh

bongwater200
08-18-2003, 12:58 AM
ZPS on the rear without ZPS on the front is like riding a Harley on a motocross track. How many Harleys have you seen there?

People do it the other way around, sometimes, with ZPS on the front and not on the rear. It works, but handles a little funky in the rough and on jumps.

Best to have your front and rear suspension match.

Tommy 17
08-18-2003, 03:54 AM
i had SSD in the front and STK in the rear... the SSD is the same as ZPS...

with 18 rears and 21 fronts i sit about even...

when i get into ruff stuff the fronts soak up just about anything i throw at them... the rear will hit alot harder and sometimes it'll try to throw me over the bars...

i'd def get a rear conversion if u can... if not u can live without it having a ssd or zps style in the front and a stk rear... i have for a year now... and will never go back to stk fronts...

Chanman420q
08-18-2003, 05:24 AM
alright, well i want a pep rear shock to match my fronts which arent ZPS. And the rear shock i found was a ZPS conversion. Thanx guys