PDA

View Full Version : Help With Sponsors

Martin Blair
08-17-2003, 05:59 PM
Well next year I want to start looking for sponsers, just small ones to cover small parts and a machine shop to help fix some things, and make them.

How do i present myself? Is there a standerdized form or something i can write up?

Thanks.

QuadJunkies
08-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
Well next year I want to start looking for sponsers, just small ones to cover small parts and a machine shop to help fix some things, and make them.

How do i present myself? Is there a standerdized form or something i can write up?

Thanks. I just done up my first one and my proposal sheet, not the bst.but it turned out pretty good I think...Ill email ya what I done and hopefully it works for you! Troy and I got 5 sponsors so it must be ok!:blah: good luck:)

Martin Blair
08-17-2003, 07:15 PM
ok thanks alot.

Edit**

I didnt get your eamil, if you could please resend it hnquadin@yahoo.com

If you cant could you just post some pointers here? thanks.

KASCHAK
08-17-2003, 07:36 PM
what do you have to do to be sponcered do your have to race or can you just make it look good? like a show quad and just ride ant tell alot of people about the products?? ive always wondered about this?

QuadJunkies
08-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by KASCHAK
what do you have to do to be sponcered do your have to race or can you just make it look good? like a show quad and just ride ant tell alot of people about the products?? ive always wondered about this? well, you should realy be into racing I guess,never new anyone who got sponsors and didnt race;) .I kinda done my resume sorta lke an intro about myself, along with pictures added throuout the pages, then I get into what Ive done or an about to do, I put in as much as I could think of since Im new to racing , then when Im done with that, I also made a weritten proposal sheet with more pictures attached,of course your going to go to different poeple for different thjings, so I leave a blank space on my proposal sheet so I can fill that in individually.I also talk about some of the fund raising Ill doto earn money for paying my way through raciung season...So far, this has worked well!! Ive got my season paid for this year.....:cool:

MXcutie
08-18-2003, 04:21 AM
I do John Natalies Resume which i should be workin on now but he has the disk... but anyhow... it starts off with a note from hime then we have the basic stuff about yourself... height, weight, age, how many years riding, how many years racing... then we go to what he has a compalished, then this years sponsors then what he would like to do in the up coming year and how he used the sponosrs in the past... then we have references of ppl in the racing business... and at hte bottom we have his name, address, number, cell # and e-mail... but though out it we have pics it's all done in HTML so that way he can e-mail it to different companies or just print it off and hand them one... it's worked out nice but you have to start now if you want the good ones which i'm kinda behind this year :( Best of LUck tho!!

Martin Blair
08-18-2003, 11:39 AM
im not looking for bike sponcers, just a few local ones like a machine shop and blairs automotive ( they have a street and dirt bike drag team, its pretty sweet)

Im not looking for sparks, or prm, or elka.

I might send a resume to AC racing they seem to sponcer quite a few people.