PDA

View Full Version : Supercross tracks??

01-25-2002, 11:12 AM
How many of you have rode on a supercross track,,not just a motocross track,,but a supercross track laid out for bikes and huge jumps.

The reason I ask is a local track I'm a member of is getting ready to up the yearly fee from $50 to $200,,but he's completely redoing the track and it's mainly setup for bikes, the thought of quads riding on the track will not even go thru his head while building and designing it, if you don't know the difference between a motocross and supercross track,,,there is a difference you know the kind with 60 foot doubles right out of a berm,,20 foot run and start, 100+ foot triples, huge whoops section.:eek: I"m not even sure if quads will be allowed back but just wanted to hear some SX track stories..and find out if ya rolled most of the jumps or if ya got balls bigger than chuch bells and hit them..:D

honda400ex27
01-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Dana Creech and those pro quad riders raced on the same supercross track the day after mike laracco won last weekend...they just cut down some of the real peeked stuff...but same jumps basically (i think farr won, by the way dana was ridin his new IBracing 426)...pro quads will be running at the georgia dome when supercross comes to atlanta..gotta see it. As far as me i have rode on one practice supercross..didnt have any humongous triples though..its on huevos 2 at brian mckinneys track... has some tough rythm sections and tabletops that will launch you up!

JustRace
01-25-2002, 11:41 AM
I have ridden on a supercorss track. At morelands in stanton, MI they have everything.

Tommy 17
01-25-2002, 02:36 PM
Rico u will have a tuff time... i know from here cernics track has a few supercross sections on it... the jumps are straight up and donw and its really hard u really have to beable to whip ur bike around and u have to carry speed... i can't even jump half of it... the one section goes table, table, 100+ double, quad step up, double step up all out of a sharp turn... no quad has done teh whole section yet... i think u will have a hard time... if u ever notice look at a quad trail its not steep jumps and they have wide turns... supercross is tight and very steep...

Mity Mo
01-25-2002, 03:06 PM
Rico, the supercross tracks when not met with certain aspects designed for quads will get you hurt or break equipment. I have tried them before and can tell you it does not make it fun because you start second guessing your ability. And everyone knows that if you second guess even for a second before flying off a jump is when you get hurt. If you really want to do it be CAREFUL. I want to race you at a NAtional yet so dont get hurt before then. Ha/HA And Dana Creech won Anahiem. Mo:D

DiceMan400
01-28-2002, 10:00 AM
Rode a super X track one time...... Rolled three quaters of the jumps..... I am not the best rider but im ok...... I did not have fun on the track...... Me and a friend on a shee were the only quads on the track and I knew why the first lap I ran...... Regular moto X tracks are way more fun and you have less chance of killin your self or messin up your quad..... The rythem section on this track was rediculous...... Double-double-double-triple-double...... The best thing on the track for me was a good sized step up that was pretty easy to clear...... Looked alot worse than it actually was...... I say stay off the super X if you wanna have fun.....
Gregg

Clay
01-28-2002, 08:15 PM
I race every season at the local SX Track. Its called Western Kentucky Supercross. Its in Nebo, KY. Western Kentucky Supercross's Website (http://www.wkracing.com/)
It is easy, and is a blast to ride on. Check out the website. Its got a 90 foot tabletop. an 80 or so foot triple, several doubles (back rhythm is double, double, double, double). It also has a 100 or so foot double tabletop (table for two) Give it a look. Come down and ride with us sometime. Like i said, its fun and easy!

305exracer11
01-31-2002, 12:57 PM
there are a bunch of big mx tracks in ohio like scentic highlands, beans bike park which was in huevos 4, broken spokes.and kenworthorys

howboutchaw
05-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Clay
I race every season at the local SX Track. Its called Western Kentucky Supercross. Its in Nebo, KY. Western Kentucky Supercross's Website (http://www.wkracing.com/)
It is easy, and is a blast to ride on. Check out the website. Its got a 90 foot tabletop. an 80 or so foot triple, several doubles (back rhythm is double, double, double, double). It also has a 100 or so foot double tabletop (table for two) Give it a look. Come down and ride with us sometime. Like i said, its fun and easy!

I also really like Western Kentucky supercross layout. Tracks like this are a pure blast to race on. I almost **** myself the first time I committed to the big finish line table, but once I made it I couldn't have been happier - I hit it in 4th pinned and almost over jumped it. Anyhow this would be a long drive for Rico probably 3 hours from louisville.

You guys need to check out the races at boonville. this track is super tight and really fun. It the type of layout were you're either pinned or on the brakes.

http://www.ladirtriders.com/mx.htm

This place is about 1.5 hours from louisville.

P.S. this rain screwed everything up this weekend
But next weekend there's a big race at the new track at Little Sturgis KY.
http://www.lsmx.net/

No# 00 pimped out 416ex

400EXracer74
05-03-2004, 08:45 AM
i have raced supercross for the last 4 weekends at winchester speed park. the stuff isnt too bad its a lot more technical than motocross and you gotta think more but it usually isnt too bad

05-03-2004, 08:59 AM
:eek2: This thread was started almost 2.5 years ago...:huh

Pappy
05-03-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Rico
:eek2: This thread was started almost 2.5 years ago...:huh

so whats the deal....did he ever finish the supercross track?

05-03-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
so whats the deal....did he ever finish the supercross track?

I think, I never went back to talk to the A-hole...:o