PDA

View Full Version : Installing Nerf Bars

Decker64
08-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Hello all. I just installed a new set of DG Nerf Bars on my Bike. First off, did anyone else run into problems removing the foot pegs? I had to drill out one of the bolts just to get it off!! Anyway, my real question is: Can you install the original plastic mud gaurds once nerf bars are on, if so, how? I cannot seem to figure out how to get the wire frame into the footpeg and around the nerfs. Thanks for your input.

Decker

Magicfan25
08-17-2003, 03:12 PM
with most of them you cant re-use the factory mud guard there. Some bars fo have an optional guard you can get though

Decker64
08-17-2003, 04:00 PM
That's what I kinda figured. The bars I installed are DG Steel with Black Powdercoat. I looked on DG's site and it does not seem that they make an optional mud gaurd for this set. Am I out of luck or has anyone made another brand of optional mud guards work?

speedy400
08-18-2003, 02:52 AM
mine worked out perfect and the foot pegs were a hastle to get the locktight loose but I got it.If you want a pic of mine instaled just pm me.i have the same as yours except gray-darren

stupid driver
08-18-2003, 07:40 AM
i just put an allen wrench in the hole, and then tapped it w/ a hammer, it eventually came loose