PDA

View Full Version : Elka Conversion

Rip_Tear
08-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Well I am looking into getting my rear shock converted by Elka to dual rate spring set up, the price seems good. I got Elka to price it because I am planning on buying some Elka Piggy back fronts. What do you guys think? Is this worth it? The price is about $420 (US dollars...)

I think its worth it, but I wanted to hear what you guys thought. :D Any suggestions would be good, I don't have a ton of money to do this, but I am confident with Elka and their work :D :macho

nacs400ex
08-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Rip_Tear are the front shocks you are buying my shocks, or are you buying brand new ?? I will trade you my revalved stock 400ex for your stock 400ex shock. For a bit of cash, not much.. If you need the front shocks right away, well then tell me, we can make a deal. How much do you weigh ? They are valved for 210, but I only weigh 160, and they work perfect. I have all the settings as soft as they will go.

Rip_Tear
08-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Yes your shocks Nacs :D I pm'd you :D

I better just mention this, I don't race, I have a track that I ride though, basicly its and MX track, tables etc I do a bit of trail riding, and my EX is stock except for zip ties :p

INFANTRY RACING
08-17-2003, 06:32 PM
i thought i have heard bad thigs about the elka rebuild. a pep conversion is 425 and a tcs is 450. I might still go with the elka rear since i live like 30 mins from a elka dealer and will kick his *** if it sucks.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-18-2003, 04:01 AM
I have the Elka rear conversion and I am happy with it although I have not ridden on an Elka rear shock. but my conversion is definitely better than a stock shock

Rip_Tear
08-18-2003, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the replies. I can't see the rebuild being bad, besides if you dial your shocks in right it should be pretty good. I am satisfied with my rear shock right now, but I want it to match the fronts, besides it will be nicer rebuilt. Any more opinions would be great! :D Thanks!

cdalejef
08-18-2003, 01:03 PM
The rebuild is much better than stock but not quite as good as the full Elka!

INFANTRY RACING .....I will be up at Elka next week testing, come by and say hey!