PDA

View Full Version : True PEP limited Mass Fronts "and" Rear respring

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 08:54 AM
I could quite possibly be selling my PEP shock setup.
The setup is for the 400ex. 180lb rider XC light MX
Set to stock arm and swinger

PEP limited mass (comp adjust fronts)
PEP Respring and revalve (Rear)
PEP Front Neoprenes in Blue

$750.00 ad your stock rear shock transforms your ride!

Pappy
08-17-2003, 09:02 AM
joe is this for all 3 shocks? or 2 fronts and the the pep springs for the stock rear?

if for all 3 how old are the shocks? and how would you prefer payment?:)

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 09:10 AM
The Fronts are several years...the rear revalve is 2/3 months ...Once you are committed if that is the decision, I must confirm the purchase of local set of 3 shocks i wish to purchase ..providing the opportunity is still pending for me to buy them..I will deposit on them and sell my PEP's.

Dave400ex
08-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Mike are you going to pick up some Axis?

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Mike are you going to pick up some Axis?

Dave that is still a consideration I have not abandoned but at this time, here is the situation..

The new CAFD and Stem/bars are swapped from a buddy who has 3 matched Elkas. They are valved XC and set close to my weight and for the extended CAFD swinger as well as his 1" arms.

He's going back to stock and wants to sell the Elka's..I have known and watched him race for a while and his Elkas do really good. I figured "what the hell" why not try em. The Trade is convenient. And all the parts well maintained, "dealer sponsored".

By the way...the ex is lower now (strut, see sig) ...notice considerable increase stabiliy at high speed over ( familiar) rough woods trail and less 2 wheeling in the faster corners. Low is good!

Lazarus Sommers once told me he would pick extended swinger over arms for xc and now I know why.....:eek2: :cool:

Chanman420q
08-17-2003, 02:53 PM
would u sell the rear shock alone, including the stock one of course? get back to me

Dave400ex
08-17-2003, 05:04 PM
Well it sounds like the Elka's might be the way to go then. Why is he going back to stock though?
Oh, and it sure does seem your putting a lot into the 400 lately. You need to email me some pictures when you get it all put together.

TeamC&GRacer
08-17-2003, 05:40 PM
yeah how much for the rear

JOEX
08-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
joe is this for all 3 shocks? or 2 fronts and the the pep springs for the stock rear?

if for all 3 how old are the shocks? and how would you prefer payment?:)
Dammit pappy! You are on here way too much! Scoring all these good deals:p
This looks like a killer deal but I can't afford it anyway:rolleyes:
I need to pick up my own little side business to support the hobby:D

Joe

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Well it sounds like the Elka's might be the way to go then. Why is he going back to stock though?
Oh, and it sure does seem your putting a lot into the 400 lately. You need to email me some pictures when you get it all put together.

Sorry gents, that pep rear respring/valve is the last thing I would sell. Only sell all 3 peps together and only when replacement high end suspension is ready to bolt on the day the peps are shipped out.

I have to give the buddy with the elkas's a rear stocker so he can sell his ex when it's parted to stock.

No Dave, I will be riding the ex hard through the fall as much as weather permits. Feel the need to ride and practice rather than rush into the 450's (or) the first generation of aftermarket parts as of yet. Will let the dust settle a bit before stepping into the game.

Chanman420q
08-17-2003, 06:41 PM
what if someone only wants the fronts, then would u sell the rear seprete? if not how much did that rebuilt run you?