PDA

View Full Version : Jnine is M.I.A

slosh13
08-16-2003, 05:22 PM
Has anybody heard from John Arens? I have sent him 2 PM's and he hasnt returned them usually he sends them back the same day. I wanted to ask him some more things about the CRF frame like when its "officially" released to the public, what all comes included with the $2000 pricetag, and what colors can i get it in? thanks

JOEX
08-16-2003, 05:31 PM
I haven't seen him post in a while. I'm sure he is very busy making parts;)

He is in Michigan so the black out could have caused problems for him as well.

Joe

Guy400
08-17-2003, 12:38 AM
The expected release date of the CRF/EX frame has been pushed back several times. John is making sure everything is right and that it's to his high standards. It'll be here when it's here is the only thing I can tell you.

Dave400ex
08-17-2003, 03:26 AM
Last week when I talked to him he said they were working very hard to get the Frames done. He just told me he was really busy. I suggest trying to call, but sometimes he doesn't hear the phone because of the machines running.

slosh13
08-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Well no matter what John can take as long as he wants with the frame. I know he's doing all he can to make this the best frame on the market. Its gonna be worth the wait i know it.

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by slosh13
Well no matter what John can take as long as he wants with the frame. I know he's doing all he can to make this the best frame on the market. Its gonna be worth the wait i know it.

lol, momma will tell ya good things come to those who wait....

bongwater200
08-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
Has anybody heard from John Arens? I have sent him 2 PM's and he hasnt returned them usually he sends them back the same day...............

Two words.

Loretta Lynn's

INFANTRY RACING
08-17-2003, 06:35 PM
He also lies to customers about dates his frames are to be shipped to them.

Can't under stand that smurf blue is not yz blue.

And forgets to send motor mounts with.

bongwater200
08-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
He also lies to customers about dates his frames are to be shipped to them.

Can't under stand that smurf blue is not yz blue.

And forgets to send motor mounts with.

I also heard that he is REALLY the one who killed J.F.K.

He also knows the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa.

Sometimes he breaks into churches at night and bites the heads off from live ferrets.

Guy400
08-18-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by bongwater200
I also heard that he is REALLY the one who killed J.F.K.

He also knows the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa.

Sometimes he breaks into churches at night and bites the heads off from live ferrets. LMAO...there's always one. This is the same guy that bashed John's steering stems but John seemed to have a different story than the one this guy told :rolleyes:

bongwater200
08-18-2003, 01:59 AM
Same guy......Could it be that the screen name is changed?

I seem to remember some DOOF openly bashing the Arens stems..... then you find out later that Arens was helpful enough to build him a custom stem that was an inch taller?

Is this who you're referring to?

Guy400
08-18-2003, 02:23 AM
My apologies, that was a different guy. This guy was the one advertising for some other chassis manufacturer that I've never heard of before.

Dave400ex
08-18-2003, 03:39 AM
Always has to be one. You will hear one guy always complain about a company. I have the Arens stem and it is very nice and I haven't had a problem. John is always helpful when you PM or Email him. He has helped me out a lot.

INFANTRY RACING
08-18-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
My apologies, that was a different guy. This guy was the one advertising for some other chassis manufacturer that I've never heard of before. Yeah..maybe if you got off this board you would realize there other products out there.:rolleyes:

08-18-2003, 05:04 AM
yeah like lsr and lrd and all those guys, 2600 for a frame??? ill buy 2 arens instead

INFANTRY RACING
08-18-2003, 05:12 AM
lsr, laeger, walsh, herrmann, jb racing, prp, JRD Mech and how many more out there that can build a frame with all kinds of options. All arens can do is build a stock replacment...ohh boy:rolleyes:

Duncanracer
08-18-2003, 05:29 AM
who also can build a stock replacement and also sell it at arens price.....

hey anyone else who has a 250r arens frame, did you have to put a spacer in the front motor mount where it attaches to the motor....I jus bought a used arens and the mojnt is way to wide for the front of the motor...I'm thinking the guy gave me a mount for a 400ex but i'm not sure.....

Guy400
08-18-2003, 05:38 AM
John's 250R frame went out and competed in a Baja race, came back and won a frame shootout, competed in another Baja race and MX's to this day without a single repair. As far as his 400EX frame, the only thing "stock" about it is the geometry. Wow, there's a notion. Build a frame where my stock parts will actually bolt up to correctly and sell it for nearly half of what your competition asks. John's frames are known for their strength and for their quality. He's got an engineering background and actually understands what works and what doesn't. I guarantee that if you asked half of those companies you listed what SAI means they couldn't tell you (I'll exclude LSR, Laeger and Walsh). They think that because they can weld a steel tube on a jig they can build quality chassis parts. Just because some parts look neat doesn't mean they perform correctly. Most of these guys don't even design their own parts. They take a well known builders piece and simply copy it. They truly don't know what their building other than the original said "Roll Designs" on it.

INFANTRY RACING
08-18-2003, 05:43 AM
I'M SURE NO ONE ELSES FRAME COULD DO THAT. WHAT DID THEY COMPARE IT AGAINST. A LSR FRAME....:rolleyes:

Duncanracer
08-18-2003, 05:45 AM
wasnt it a stock replacement shootout? and at that time werent they the only ones like that?...i'm not sure...but i think so.

08-18-2003, 05:47 AM
i dont care i dont wanna spend 3 grand on a chassis and then have to buy radiators and all kinda other crap too

the only other frames id consider is walsh and prp

Dave400ex
08-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Infantry if you think Arens is so bad what do you run, LSR? If there is another frame out there that could last that long, why hasn't anybody said anything about it or do a test on it? Also you let me know when you can get a high quality frame for under $1,850 like the Arens. You won't ever be buying a Walsh, Laeger, LRD, LSR, Roll, and many more for under $2,000.

bongwater200
08-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Duncanracer
who also can build a stock replacement and also sell it at arens price.....

hey anyone else who has a 250r arens frame, did you have to put a spacer in the front motor mount where it attaches to the motor....I jus bought a used arens and the mojnt is way to wide for the front of the motor...I'm thinking the guy gave me a mount for a 400ex but i'm not sure.....

John told me that those mounts are made that way because of the tolerances in engine cases. A stainless steel washer on one side or another should take care of your dilemma. Some don't require any shims at all. I have to use one on mine.

INFANTRY, (more like INFANT) what's your problem? Did Mr. Arens take a **** in your Wheaties this morning? From reading your rantings, I would imagine that you haven't been involved in the sport too long, or you've spent most of the time under a log? If you have problems with Arens products, LSR products, or anyone else's for that matter, I suggest you call them and work it out. Otherwise SHUT IT.

JHF219
08-18-2003, 09:26 AM
I have that dirt wheels shootout with the LSR and the Arens and ill tell you the truth that shootout and the price is what made me buy an arens chassis !! i dont regret it ONE BIT !! the chassis is extremely well constructed !! and damn near bullett proof !! yes its a stock replacement which is good cause EVERYTHING FIT without modification !! so that was another big selling point !! yes laeger walsh and the rest make a good chassis BUT thier chassis is double the cost of arens !! yeah they have options such as CR500 link and narrow frame and all that other crap !! but i can assure that if John really wanted to build that extra stuff he could do it probably better then the rest !! he spends more time and research on developing his products then anyone else in the buisness !! when his a-arms(LT) come out they are going to smoke the others !! and be 1500-2000 cheaper then the rest!! so piss and moan all you want but my guess is that you bought a POS chassis and now your upset cuase it cost double what others pay for a better product !! so until you provide me wit a legit complaint go sit in the corner and have a nice warm cup of STFU !!

Rastus
08-18-2003, 01:51 PM
As far as I can tell, INFANTRY RACING hasn't been around long.

Arens is a good company, with very solid products(at great prices), and good customer service.

What else could you ask for?

08-19-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by INFANTRY RACING
I'M SURE NO ONE ELSES FRAME COULD DO THAT. WHAT DID THEY COMPARE IT AGAINST. A LSR FRAME....:rolleyes: i suggest you go do some research on frames....and get back to us with facts on how arens suck....until then go sit in the corner :rolleyes:

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/nacsracer27/go%20sit%20in%20the%20corner.jpg

sylvan56473
08-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
John's 250R frame went out and competed in a Baja race, came back and won a frame shootout, competed in another Baja race and MX's to this day without a single repair. As far as his 400EX frame, the only thing "stock" about it is the geometry. Wow, there's a notion. Build a frame where my stock parts will actually bolt up to correctly and sell it for nearly half of what your competition asks. John's frames are known for their strength and for their quality. He's got an engineering background and actually understands what works and what doesn't. I guarantee that if you asked half of those companies you listed what SAI means they couldn't tell you (I'll exclude LSR, Laeger and Walsh). They think that because they can weld a steel tube on a jig they can build quality chassis parts. Just because some parts look neat doesn't mean they perform correctly. Most of these guys don't even design their own parts. They take a well known builders piece and simply copy it. They truly don't know what their building other than the original said "Roll Designs" on it.

Okay... I can't take it anymore! What does SAI mean?
I do have to agree that Arens makes some of the best products out there. I have an Arens swingarm that has been unbreakable. I had broken 3 LSR's before I bought the Arens and the Arens way WAY cheaper. I am waiting and saving for a new frame and a-arms from him as well.

bongwater200
08-19-2003, 08:52 AM
SAI stands for Steering Axis Inclination. It means that someone is inclined to use Axis shocks for better steering.

Seriously, SAI is the angle between the plane of your brake rotor, for example, and the plane of the ball joints. SAI is what makes the vertical plane of your wheels change as you steer, resulting in better cornering.

(remember Chrysler's claim that the Dodge Intrepid was SOOOOO advanced that the wheels tilted in and out as you turn? That's not new Chrysler technology, its SAI, and its been around forever)

Guy400
08-19-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by bongwater200
SAI stands for Steering Axis Inclination. It means that someone is inclined to use Axis shocks for better steering.As opposed to SPI, Steering PEP Inclination :eek2: :D