PDA

View Full Version : need help stock rear with zps front?, what should i get?

mikealexander88
08-16-2003, 03:48 PM
i have a 250r with pep zps fronts and a stock rear shock. i know i will need to atleast get my rear revalved but i want to know if that would help alot or not? i think it would be best to have zps all around but i can't really afford it right now. is there any place to get my rear shock revalved and a new spring to be like a zps? or should i just wait a month or two till i have the $ to get a tcs rear shock? what do you guys think i'm kinda stumped on this....:confused: any info will help and where to get it revalved if i go that way? thanks alot guys- mike

sparks400
08-17-2003, 02:06 AM
what u can do mike is send ur stock shock to baldwin (from waht i hear there the best) and have them rebuild ur rear shock and tell them what u would want, im not sure what tey charge but im gonna do just like just about everyone is.

bmw500hp
08-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Baldwin's a great choice but man....you might not ride till January...if ya decide on a revalve, Santo Derisi is doing PEP's...I would call Santo on the phone and ask him straight up!

bongwater200
08-17-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by sparks400
what u can do mike is send ur stock shock to baldwin (from waht i hear there the best) and have them rebuild ur rear shock and tell them what u would want, im not sure what tey charge but im gonna do just like just about everyone is.

Niether Baldwin nor Wayne will rebuild your stock 250R shock to ZPS for motocross use. You may see someone that has a stock ZPS conversion from them, but chances are it was built for TT use. ELKA and TCS both have a conversion to "SSD" or "SCS". I have the Elka conversion, and so far so good. I have friends who have had the TCS conversion and they worked well.

Try one, and if you trash it, then spring for the $895 ZPS rear.

Oh.... and by the way..... Baldwin's time on service is much shorter than the wait for new shocks. I usually get mine back in a week or so.

kyex40047
08-17-2003, 03:42 PM
Get an elka rebuild, as for a place to get it, go to the quadshop. They have a rebuild for a 400ex for 325$ but I don't know if that's the same for a 250r or not, just contact them at 502- 243-0193.