PDA

View Full Version : Just thinking?

cabex
08-16-2003, 11:31 AM
ahh, well, i was thinking about getting into mx,
but i am stuck, on a thought, what should i do, keep the z400 and put on some arms, shocks, axle and tires, or should i just buy the yfz450? also what do you guys think i could get for my z400?

thanks

KrazyKid300ex
08-16-2003, 11:52 AM
keep the Z. with a few bucks you can make it as good as a stock yfz, until yfz owners uncork the motor and get stuff for theirs too.

Get some a arms, shocks, axle and then worry about power. you need better suspension to hadle a greater amount of power if you were to bore and do things to your engine. I would say get some burguard a arms, works or TCS or elka shocks, extended brakelines, and lonestar axle. My friend missed an oppurtunity on a burguard package that includes burguard +2 a arms and a set of elkas that are triple rates for 1200. all you would need then is extended brake lines and an axle. You could also get your self some MX tires. if money is short after the a arms,axle etc etc then get some tamers and MX holeshot fronts. i ran Razr MX's on my 300 and i need some for my yfz. i love the way they hooked up

cabex
08-16-2003, 11:54 AM
yeah see, i was thinkin that too:confused:

KrazyKid300ex
08-16-2003, 11:58 AM
do that. my friend is has a kfx and he droping money into it to make it as good as mine, he's trying but this winter he is getting a arms and axle. for the extra money you saved from buying the Z you can put into it.

Glow Plug
08-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
keep the Z. with a few bucks you can make it as good as a stock yfz, until yfz owners uncork the motor and get stuff for theirs too.

Get some a arms, shocks, axle and then worry about power. you need better suspension to hadle a greater amount of power if you were to bore and do things to your engine. I would say get some burguard a arms, works or TCS or elka shocks, extended brakelines, and lonestar axle. My friend missed an oppurtunity on a burguard package that includes burguard +2 a arms and a set of elkas that are triple rates for 1200. all you would need then is extended brake lines and an axle. You could also get your self some MX tires. if money is short after the a arms,axle etc etc then get some tamers and MX holeshot fronts. i ran Razr MX's on my 300 and i need some for my yfz. i love the way they hooked up

thats sounds like the way to go :)

flyin#5
08-18-2003, 04:46 AM
a guy at a track i race at has one of the sickest Z's ive ever seen. he hauls on it to and smokes 250r's and stuff. its so nice *drool* black plastic yellow pc'ed frame.... oh man.

cabex
08-18-2003, 10:18 AM
but thats why i want to get the YFZ450, is because i dont want to have to put all those thousands of dollars into my Z. I thought it would just be cheaper to sell it and get the YFZ which has it all already

Adam202
08-18-2003, 05:05 PM
thats how im feeling, i think i might just wait till i graduate, sell the 400ex [because itll be mine for graduation] and use my graduation money and get the yzf450..... i got some money saved now but i think ill just leave it stock and buy me a xr50 :D