PDA

View Full Version : is it crazy to sell a 250r a week after you finally rebuild it?

HOWITIS
08-16-2003, 05:00 AM
i think it is, don't tell my buddy that though, because that is what he did. he baught an 89 250r a while back that looked pitiful. took it apart aded gas shocks, extended a-arms, extended axle, fmf fatty pipe, 310 big bore, new eleclticlem, basiclty new everything, frame ect, sanded and painted to stock form. in has stock 89 250r fenders/stickers from honda now. he never even rode it except up and down the street to test it out. it looks like a brand new 250r really. was this a bad decesion? i think so. the place he sold it to said they were hanging it up in the shop. so maybe if you are near the honda/yamaha shop in london KY you can see it for yourself, or maybe buy it.

btw, how much was it worth in your opinion? how much will the shop sell it for if they do?

SGA
08-16-2003, 05:08 AM
To some people it would be stupid. Im sure he had his reasons. Some people enjoy rebuilding things, just for the fun of working on it, then sale it. I do that sometimes.
If he wanted to get rid of it the time was right, before it was used and dirty.

08-16-2003, 07:07 AM
all depends on him,..but he may never be able get what he has in it ..& why would some one sell one of the best quads out there if he takes a serious loss?