PDA

View Full Version : silencer disc's

sparks400
08-15-2003, 04:30 PM
what r they for beside spark aresster?? how many can i take out for more power?? i hate these kind of pipes but that what i got when i bought the bike.

08-15-2003, 04:36 PM
u add more disks for more airflow. You can take out the spark arrestor and run it with just the end cap for a straight through design its kinda loud though. Probably ur best bet for mx or closed course racing.

JOEX
08-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Removing discs will decrease exhaust air flow and will quiet the noise. Adding discs will increase flow and noise. When adjusting the air flow rejetting may be neccessary. More air flow needs bigger jets, less airflow needs smaller jets.

There also needs to be a balance in the intake and exhaust air flow to have an efficiently performing motor. There is alot of trial and error involved to get the ideal set up.

The spark arrestor is usually a plate of somesort that reduces the amount of exhaust sparks comming out of the pipe. On the White Brothers E-Series and most other disc type pipes, the "discs" are hollow oval rings and the spark arrestor is a solid oval plate at the end.

Joe

sparks400
08-16-2003, 02:24 AM
ya like on a megamax II , like what i have

speedy400
08-16-2003, 05:42 AM
sparks400-I also got a megamax2 with my machine, I like it. The best set up for just plain all around good power. Take a sheet of stainless, cut it out of the shape of your end cap. put the bolt holes in it and then put a 1/2-3/4 inch hole in the dead center of it, and then put 4 smaller holes in a square with the big hole in the center of the square(so it looks decent) then if you'd like polish the stainless. Also for drag racing,(this design ins proven, I dragged about 26 other 400ex's just with a dynojet kit, UNI filter and the megamax2 and beat all the 400ex's) if you can find some 1/2inch ID tubing just cut that into 1cm chunks, and take out a disk or 2 and put the "spacers"(tubing) in their place, around every bolt. Any more questions just PM me-darren