PDA

View Full Version : Got my Elkas..in 1 week!!

Pepto_Bismol
01-24-2002, 08:13 PM
I may have paid an extra $70.00 buying my shocks directly from Elka, but man they did me right. Ordered them last thursday, got them this thursday! WHOOT!
Pep :cool:

kid300ex
01-24-2002, 08:34 PM
:) I like them alot, im hopeing they start makin them for the 300ex!!! Id definetly buy em:D

Mity Mo
01-24-2002, 08:39 PM
Pep. let us know how you think they are for cornering and for acceleration in a rough section like whoops. I want to know if they hug the terrain and keep you in control on the ground. I already know that any shock works good in the air if you dial them in right but what i want to know is how they are on the ground. Congrats on your purchase I am sure you will enjoy them. Mo:D

CBRSLIDER
01-24-2002, 09:33 PM
It's funny that you mention cornering. The first time I rode my EX with my Elka fronts I could not believe how they made my EX stick in the corners. I actually felt so much better hammering a corner whether there was a berm or just a flat corner. I carried alot more speed through the corners. Overall the addition of the Elka's has been the best upgrade that I could have made. I always said that there would be no motor mods until I was able to ride my wheeler to its potential. Well, just got the motor beefed up. The Elka's have instilled confidence that I never knew possible. I will be starting the harescrambles series in April and cannot wait. Goodbye to the stockers and I know I'll be faster this year.

Ray

CBRSLIDER
01-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Pep,
Don't know if you got my last post on your other thread. I got the price for the rear conversion to Elka SSD from Marty at the Quad Shop. He's only charging me $275, but that may be because I ordered my fronts from him. But hey his normal price is only $285.00 which isn't bad. So give him a call and tell him Ray from PA sent ya. Tell him about the deal that's he's giving me and maybe he'll give you the same.

Ray

Pepto_Bismol
01-24-2002, 10:31 PM
I did get your message last time. I saved it because I won't have the money now for a couple of months. Not only did I get some elkas, but two new rear rims from OMF, and one new OEM front rim. Two weeks before that, I bought a Yoshimura slip on, and K&N power kit. Oil, filter, and a few other accessories...so my funds are slightly depleted. But I will send it to have it rebuilt sometime!
Thanks for the info!
Pep:cool:

01-25-2002, 10:25 PM
how much wer the elkas, did u hav to get new a-arms, and howmuch travel do they give

SGA
01-25-2002, 11:11 PM
Sweet shocks, I'm jealous for sure. Say, how do you like the yoshi slip on? Had mine about 5 months now. Seems to add more power in the mid/upper range & less at the bottom than the stocker. At least to me it does, whats your opinion?

Pepto_Bismol
01-26-2002, 07:58 PM
Hey guys, I'll be doing a full review on the ELkas and the Yoshi slip on by Tuesday. Hopefully Leo will post it, but in short, the Elkas Kick @##. When I went into my first turn, I was so totally unexpecting the ability of the Elkas to make my quad stick. In fact, in the first sharp tight right hand turn, it hugged so well, that instead of my left side front end coming up, it bit in so well and drove down so smooth that I almost fell off to the right. After I got the feel for it, it was night and day riding! More to come on that by Tuesday. SGAEXER, to answer your quesiton on Yoshi, I too had a bit of a time dailing it in. But I had great low end torque, and rounded off top end. I played with my jetting for about a week, (K&N power kit) and Now I have crisp, sharp response from bottom end all the way to my rev limit!!!. Awesome torque. Great pipe. Like I said, look for a full review by
Tuesday!!! Have fun all!
Pepto:cool:

Pepto_Bismol
02-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Blackguy, here's the thread...
Pep:cool: