PDA

View Full Version : Rear swingarm and parts

tryken
08-15-2003, 07:37 AM
I am building a 400ex framed 250r. I just got a stock 400ex swingarm. It looks like the bearings that are where the pivot bolt goes are still there but I don't know how to tell if they need replaced or not. Would it be smart to go ahead and get new ones when I get the swingarm pivot bolt? Also how much of a difference does an aftermarket axle carrier make? Is it worth the extra money? I mostly just ride for fun. Go to the dunes a Little Sahara (OK) twice a year and drag race.

spliffy
08-15-2003, 08:00 AM
As long as you are in there I would deffinetely change out the bearings. I like aftermarket carriers cuz almost all if not all of them have grease zerks so you can grease them without having to take out the bearings & more than likely wreck the bearings when you take them out, there is alot of them out there now that cost $125 - $170 with bearings installed already, look on ebay. I bought a RAD carrier & the zerk is on the end & not in the middle of the carrier so you can grease it without taking out the carrier even, I paid $150 shipped for that one. :)

tryken
08-15-2003, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I just looked on service Honda and a stock axle carrier is more than that. I think I will go the ebay route.

08-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Hey dude i see you live in conway i have some family down there in cabot and hickory plains. Well anyway if you go the ebay route get a lsr. They are worth it trust me ive been through 2 on my old 300ex. Make sure u grease it often too.