PDA

View Full Version : carb leaking

KAWSAM62
08-15-2003, 01:59 AM
400ex carb is leaking fuel out of the bottom bowl hose! the carb is clean, float has been checked,float valve checked,all appears to be good in fact i changed these parts and the bowl with good parts off another carb to find the problem with no difference, it seems it will free flow fuel after you throttle it a few times or when you ride it doesnot leak untill you stop and begin to smell fuel and its leaking again, anyone ever ran into something weird that i might not of thought of, this carb was traded to me so i dont know if it ever had worked right, any thoughts would be appreciated!:(

sparks400
08-15-2003, 02:20 AM
only other thing i can think of is ur needle stickin

2001EX
08-15-2003, 03:57 AM
It probably is the needle. When I cleaned my carb the needle was hard to seat. I had to run it with the feul shut off and then turn it back on several times with tapping on the side of the carb. Finally got it to seat and havent had any more problems

08-15-2003, 05:46 AM
mine did that when i first got it then after i rode it a couple of weekends it stoped so i think it was settin before i got it and got some dirt down in there. Just ride it and if it still does it after about 7 hours of riding time clean ur carb again and check the needle.