PDA

View Full Version : yfz450 mods

AtvRider21
08-14-2003, 01:49 PM
how much mods wll they make for it like will they make big borekits , carbs, port and polish etc... thanks peace

AndrewRRR
08-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by AtvRider21
how much mods wll they make for it like will they make big borekits , carbs, port and polish etc... thanks peace

I'm sure the major ATV aftermarket companies are working their buns off to develop big bore and stroker kits for it. I think the top end of the motor is identical to the YZF450 bike so if there are any kits out for it they should work on the quad. Carbs are already made (carbs aren't bike-specific when it comes to ATV's) although the 39mm FCR is a very good carb and it probably won't choke you back for most upgrades.
Porting and other internal mods aren't something you buy as a kit. I'm sure any good engine builder would be happy to port one right now. It may take a little while before some really radical port jobs come out as they experiment with different porting techniques on the head.
I'm not sure if there are cams or rev boxes out yet. Hopefully the YFZ will respond well to mods, another 15-20hp would be awesome!