PDA

View Full Version : this kid at school said.......

yellowrider
01-24-2002, 04:41 PM
hey how fast does a kodiak go?

he said he left a warrior with one
but then again the dude on a warrior sucks
i never did ask him about top speed i dont know to much about kodiaks though

hangman
01-24-2002, 05:53 PM
He means he left a Warrior with one... in the back of a truck.

No way unless the Warrior had 4 flats, out of gas, blown up. ect...

If the guy on the Warrior knows even the basics of making a vehicle move forward under it's own power, he should be able to smoke a Kodiak.

yellowrider
01-24-2002, 06:26 PM
see that is what i was thinking but this dude rarly lies and it was hard to call him a lier even though i was thinking it now he has some motor work done its still hard to believe...

anyways for some reason not to many people likes warriors around here i dont know why but alot of poeple takl about smack about them besides the people who have them

trx400ex
01-24-2002, 07:21 PM
the reason why people dont like warriors is because they are slow and poor handling,, you couldnt ask for less:(

01-24-2002, 07:56 PM
hey trx400ex you could ask for less, a blaster alos fits that category

"BLAHH"300!!
01-25-2002, 05:15 AM
those things make me laugh..just hearing the name "BLASTER" like it's fast or something......they should name it "THE DESICRATOR".....haha....."p.o.s.'......they got to be the uglyest "sport" machine built today....300ex's arn't that good looking but man....the front end on the blaster sticks out like 20 feet....why don't they just end it flush like the honda's or atleast the banshee's......just my .02 on the blaster.i know some are jast but not the ones i've raced.....

01-25-2002, 05:10 PM
blastrs r ok wen they r race modded, shocks 240 kit, ect

01-25-2002, 05:26 PM
We can all talk what we want about the blasters.... But they hold there own... I mean me on a 250ex was getting smoked like smoked turkey.... ok.... Then another friend that has been riding for a couple of years gets a 300ex that is completely stock... so we go out one day and the 2002 blasters that my two nephews own were running the same side by side as the 300ex...

One thing that I have learned is that the only decent and fast 4 stroke that Honda makes is the 400ex... cause the 250ex is not to much slower than the 300ex....

I love my 250r and I love it even more know that my back is ok...

No flames intended but Why talk about other quads that have been around for years and are good quads... . :cool:

96300ex
01-26-2002, 06:31 PM
250ex as fast as a 300? I don't think so. Maybe top speed because they run such tall gearing. I left one in the dust in a drag across a field. They don't even come close in acceleration. I don't even race them anymare because I don't like beating up on other, lesser hondas, small children, or women.

hangman
01-26-2002, 06:42 PM
96300ex

Don't you listen to all the guys on Raptors, Banshees, Ds650s, and Cannondales? TOP SPEED IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS! Regardless of other things that just don't matter like handling, jumping, and actually being fun to ride, all those quads are better all around than a 400ex (which is beneath notice). Based on this way of thinking, if a 250ex ( no matter how long it takes it to get there) has the same top speed as your 300ex, it's just as good in every area. Also, both of these quads are clearly inferior to Warriors and Mojaves(which have faster top speeds) even though the 300ex ALWAYS beats them in the shootouts.

Don't you pay attention?

01-27-2002, 05:55 PM
even thought u guys all ride EX's ur self some of you still neglect the 250ex when it was Honda's number one selling quad.

Chef
01-27-2002, 06:19 PM
when was it hondas best selling quad?

hangman
01-28-2002, 02:41 PM
Didn't they just come out last year?

96300ex
01-28-2002, 04:12 PM
Those 250ex's are actually pretty good when someone really knows how to ride. There was a guy, guess he was about 20, and he was riding wheelies all the way across this field down at the gravel pit i ride at. I raced him and he held on pretty good, a lot better than any other 250ex i've raced. I guess it all depend on the rider, even in a drag race. That guy really suprised me. He was good, we were riding wheelies and went longer than anyone. He was riding wheelies better than any 400 there. There was this other nut that rode one on his polaris scrambler down the road until he was out of site, he even made the turn on the road. The 250ex has my respect now

yellowrider
01-28-2002, 05:35 PM
that guy lied big time he came down over the weekend ..... and that thing is crap!! it has been bored out 60 over high compression piston and some other stuff i cant remember what was on it .. anyways i left him with only a white brothers pipe.

and that day i was horrible i couldnt get the hang of switching gears with those all trak when yuo gun it they come up even if yu are over the handle bars ...

as for a 250ex there not that good at all i dont think .. besides they look cool. but i rode one the other day and i didnt like it to much .. i wish my 300ex would have the 250ex plastic it looks pretty cool. i think someone needs to mod up a 250ex and see how powerful they can make it. that would be sweet.

i also seen a 330 kit over the weekend and you kow that black round thing on the motor .. anyways it was leaking oil there and he look like he was worried about it i ask hi m what caused it he siad he didnt know. but he got it fixed alot . now since he has the 330 kit wouldnt it cause the leak to get worse or something....?

it was awesome that dude could ride he left all the raptors there and 400 scramblers besides one and all of the blasters and 400ex besides one with a 416.

i had a great weekend but that dude did not come close beating this warrior that was there and he had a dg pipe and i think that is all , he also had stock tires .

01-28-2002, 07:37 PM
Ya, i love my 250ex....During the summer we go out to the mountains, i drive against 400 4x4s and wolverines and there stuck 10 times more than iam, and i even go through the hard parts!! But ya, iam planning on boring it out, getting a megamax 2 pipe, and filter..... If anone that has a 250ex goes hillclimbing and muddin in the mountains, put Bearclaw tires on!!! iam sooo serious, youd be amazed, that quad is so light, when u put those tires on, its unstopable!!! lol, but ya, iam planning on putting lots of goodies on it

d33pt
01-28-2002, 08:52 PM
i like my 250ex... of course it's not as fast and torquey as a 300 but it keeps up in tight trails and jumps pretty decently for a beginner like me.. also it's nice to let someone who doesn't know how to use a clutch ride it without teaching them anything.. also no chain to adjust and easy to use reverse and electric start makes it a wonderful bike to own.. wish they were all like that..

"BLAHH"300!!
01-28-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by d33pt
.. wish they were all like that..

i don't.......

yellowrider
01-29-2002, 02:18 PM
i know a couple of people think that there 250ex is the stuff. and they are ten times better than the 300. they came over and i left them we switched quads i left him when he was on my 300 becuase one he didnt know the first thing about clutches he was on 2 wheels most of the time and then he said i told you a 250ex can beat a 300! that made me so mad !!!! a 300 will stomp a 250 just like a 400 will stomp on a 300. i think now he has either a fmf or wb on it i cant remember now he wants to race again...... he is crazy but he never gives up....
he used to have this fully moded 250 trail blazer that thing was ok but it blew up...

i like this blaster people think there machine is so great !! and really they are nothing but pos !! they suck i would not recomend them for anybody or less you really want a 4 wheeler bad and dont have enough money to get a larger 4 wheeler.
they are small!!! they have drum braks, WAY to much maintance, uGLY and oh course it's a yamamha...... :D

01-30-2002, 10:15 PM
250ex's are fun little bikes.My sister has one and I love riding it.It is an great little wheelie bike.Extremely fun to ride.

As far as a drag goes.My 300ex is ALOT faster.I had 18 inch holeshot mx's on my 300ex I pulled them from bottom to top.By alot.The 250ex is still a great little bike.If I was to go a trip say to ride in the mountains or the hatfeild-mccoy trails.My bike would be a 250ex.They are just so fun.Kinda like a blaster little and easy to throw around.But with brakes,electric start and reverse!

I can't beleive the lakota sport beat the 250ex in the new dirtwheels!

86 trx250r
97 300ex

yellowrider
01-31-2002, 04:04 AM
lol it did LOL

honda got beat by KAwasakI LOL
what caused them to favor kaw. more than honda ??

i am going to have to go to the store and get me a magaizine i am a little behind.

OCCRA288
02-01-2002, 08:52 AM
My friend held off a 250R for an entire two hours at the last XC race we went to. Of course he's a helluva rider too. But still im defending the 250EX.

Striker49
02-01-2002, 05:27 PM
I love my 250 but I know it wont keep up with a 300 and the blaster might out run it but not by a whole lot. I havent got to race anybody but next time I catch the kid on the road im fixin to smoke him. He thinks his little go kart is the bomb. lol. Anyways, I cant decide if I want to get a set of all-trax on the back and a K&N filter or Nerfs. I think I may go with the tires and filter.
I agree that the 250 is great. Its low matinence, light, great wheelie machine, and ok on jumps.
The thing is it could use more power, a manual clutch which would probably increase the acceleration on it a little ( i may be wrong, never had experience with clutches on quads but i think that i would rather have one than an auto-clutch) and the suspension could use upgrading. Otherwise its pretty good. Ill would probably end up getting a 450ex in a couple years if it ever came out, but for now I have fun ridin round on what ive got. :cool:

yellowrider
02-01-2002, 07:38 PM
my fourwheeler its finally fixed !! now it just wont idle no more than 2 mins at the most oh well i can get used to that but i went riding today to the sandpits man everything has changed anyways i drived it around and i have to admit i love it compared to taht warrior that was there both people like my 300ex and we all seen if we could fill a power difference and we all think that the 300ex has more bottom end power or might just feels like it or something......

anyways a damn lakota pulled up that mofo was small i didnt like it that was the first tiem in a while i seen up close and anyways i have to tell you guys this

me and a friend of mine pulled up beside him and we drag race all the way up this road and damn !! that lak. kicked are *** it was bored piped cams and had a clutch on it that thing was pretty sweet that wasnt cool though she! should have told us that it was moded up i thought that was going to be a easy win ..

the 250ex person did not race it...

fars i know the 250ex and the lakata are both pretty good bikes in my opinion i would take them if someone gave them to me

ride300exred
02-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Hey Boys Im new to this forum but theres way too much arguing going on in here , I'm a 300 guy myself and even though blasters or 250ex's are slower than a 300 is they can still win in the race. You have to understand the rider plays a huge role in a race and every little part on the quad does too. Tires can add numerous amounts of traction and most people look past that , also the rider size and experience play a huge part . Its 80% and 20% machine. You have to be good to win a race not have a fast quad . Sure I have beaten blasters in the past but they have also beaten me. And yes a blaster is a inferior machine due to the horrible brakes and cheapy parts , But they are great for a low budget rider or beginner rider. And 250ex's They are no Drag quads or strait up Mxer's but they serve a purpose also . They can be ridden just as fast a 300ex or a blaster in trails or a track if you have your machine setup right and you have a good rider on it . Well thats all I have to say I hope I clear the matter up .

"BLAHH"300!!
02-13-2002, 11:06 PM
welcome to the board...there's not as much arguing in here as it is on blutraxx or atvconnection.....hang out a while

02-14-2002, 10:30 PM
My 9yr old daughter has a Lakota sport and she loves it. I'm thinking of replacing it with a 250ex because of the substantail weight difference but she won't have any of it. I put a K&N filter and dynojet kit in it and it made a HUGE difference (the stock filter sucks!) also a supertrapp pipe but took it off cause it made more power than I was comfortable with and didn't like the sound.
Anyway, we were riding in the dunes with some friends and she went over a 10ft drop off at about 40mph and didn't have any problem (scared the s*** out of me). That's when I got some respect for the Lakota and let her keep it if she wanted.
For all those responsable parents out there-- I chewed her butt out for more than a day and took the quad away for a while and after I calmed down (she didn't see any big deal- didn't get hurt), we talked about going were I go and following my instructions are actually in her best interests and maybe (I hope) she took it to heart. She does seem to be a bit more discerning now. Primarily because the near wreck scared her more than what I had to say!
If you've got a quad, ride it and enjoy it,no matter what it is or what others think about it. Everyone can't have the biggest baddest mofo out there and with practice you can probably keep up with them anyway! :macho

yellowrider
02-16-2002, 10:01 PM
top of the line 4 wheelers in my opinion

moded up 400scrambler
moded up 500 scrambler
moded up lt 250r
modded up raptor
moded up mojave
moded up 300ex
moded up 400

this is some of my old riding buddies and here is what they have the moded up scrambler is mine of course .. :) its for sale...

and the rest are theres and what i liked none of these 4 wheelers is stock they have different sit ups that i didnt like that is why i choose what i chosed

i now i am going to get some flames ...

xXx*PREDATOR*xXx
02-16-2002, 10:40 PM
I wasted a kodiak on my 250:huh :huh