PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it????

Quad rider
08-14-2003, 11:08 AM
I am 16 and I have a 03 cr85 expert....I also have to pay car insurance now that I got my permit. So thats 100 bucks a month I have to give to my parents. I have 2 jobs now but they aren't steady jobs. So lots of the money will go to my parents instead of in my account. I am gonna sell my bike and pay off the loan. At one of my jobs they have a polaris 250 the kid told me this morning. He said it needs some work. It's probably late 80's early 90's model. I can probably get it for 300 bucks. Is it worth it. I won't get something new for awhile because I am saving for a car and stuff. So if I can get something and fix it during winter time that would be perfect. how is a polaris 250. I like to jump at the practice track. I just want something to mess around with. Give me your opinions on it.

Rip_Tear
08-14-2003, 12:02 PM
I assume you are talking about a Polaris Trail Blazer 250... If so, its not much of a jumping machine, I don't like them at all... They are an alright quad for a beginner ridding only trails. They aren't very fast stock... And as far as I have known the Trail Blazer its not a very reliable machine...

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
I assume you are talking about a Polaris Trail Blazer 250... If so, its not much of a jumping machine, I don't like them at all... They are an alright quad for a beginner ridding only trails. They aren't very fast stock... And as far as I have known the Trail Blazer its not a very reliable machine...

ha coming from some1 who never owned one. i had one it was a fun quad. for 300 bucks u cant go wrong with a quad

Quad rider
08-14-2003, 01:54 PM
you guys think it's worth it....I'll check it out on saturday....or tomorrow maybe.

Rip_Tear
08-14-2003, 02:03 PM
I didn't say it wasn't worth it... I meant to say in the end for $300 it might be worth it :D I have 2 friends who have owned them and both got rid of them because they didn't like them, I had ridden both many times and I disliked it every time, and both constantly had problems... I worked on one of them a few times both of us agreed that we didn't like them... So there is/was no reason for me to own one...

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 02:11 PM
its definately not a banshee or 250r....but its more fun than like a honda 300 utility or something....its a beginner sport quad. and for 300 bucks i would have fun with it

nismo
08-15-2003, 02:45 AM
see how much work it needs first. they arent that much of a jumper b/c of the weight my freind has blowin 2 rear shocks on his from jumping little 4' jumps. you might be able to find a better deal on a quad if that one needs work to make it run. just my .03

GOMER007
08-15-2003, 03:14 PM
um I don't like them bc I got one and it's was good for mee when I was like 8but but that was a waile agoI' say no but that's just my .02

08-15-2003, 04:06 PM
all you had to tell me was that its a polaris :mad:

Out_Sider
08-15-2003, 04:31 PM
LOL thats true. the Trailblazers bust rear shocks, and break axles if u jump over like 8 ft or so. faster than a stock blaster on top end.

Ty's400
08-15-2003, 04:46 PM
If I were you I would rather keep the dirtbike than get that Polaris, just because I wouldn't think the Polaris would be much fun. Just my opinion.

Quad rider
08-16-2003, 03:58 PM
it is a pos. I wouldn't pay 50 for it. I decided to sell my bike b/c I have to and pic up a new go-cart. We got a 20hp Kohler motor around, maybe we can fabricate something. That would be awesome.