PDA

View Full Version : Do we really get a discount?

Martin Blair
08-14-2003, 09:31 AM
I called C&D racing today to order someparts when i got it all total i asked how about the exriders discount, and thye said thats with the discount, but i never even hinted at the fact i was a exrider previously to that, so basicaly we dont get any discount at all, do we?.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-14-2003, 09:36 AM
The discount is up to 10% or more off of retail depending on the product. and I know that when it is for a 400ex and an out of state customer that you are an exriders member this is the only advertising that we do.

toby400ex
08-14-2003, 09:58 AM
lol

sly400ex
08-14-2003, 10:04 AM
DOH! I hear an apology coming!:blah:

ghost_ryder
08-14-2003, 10:06 AM
:confused:

4wheelboy
08-14-2003, 10:20 AM
i always wondered about that:eek2:

bluebaron
08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
what if they ride, something besides a honda

wilkin250r
08-14-2003, 11:34 AM
I know that the prices I was quoted from C&D were 30% below anybody else, and nearly half the price of my local shop, so even without the discount I'd still be saving money...

Silverfox@C&DRacing
08-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
what if they ride, something besides a honda

the discount will still apply you just need to make sure and tell us that you are a member.

bandit390
08-14-2003, 12:05 PM
When all there prices are jacked up so high to begin with. Does the discount really matter? No. Especially when there prices with the discount are higher than other places with no discount.

So, its really all just a gimmick to get you to buy from them. :rolleyes:

MXcutie
08-14-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
The discount is up to 10% or more off of retail depending on the product. and I know that when it is for a 400ex and an out of state customer that you are an exriders member this is the only advertising that we do.

so does only exriders get a discount... noperz... b/c if someone at a national has your name on their bike and then calls you and they are outta state you just asume that they are an exrider... so actually anyone can get this discount... i think you better start asking and make everything clearer then what you stated

bandit390
08-14-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by MXcutie
so does only exriders get a discount... noperz... b/c if someone at a national has your name on their bike and then calls you and they are outta state you just asume that they are an exrider... so actually anyone can get this discount... i think you better start asking and make everything clearer then what you stated

Won't happen, because there is no discount. Just a gimmick. Welcome to the real world.

MXcutie
08-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bandit390
Won't happen, because there is no discount. Just a gimmick. Welcome to the real world.

wlel i'm just saying that if htey want to have a so called "discount" they better make everything more clear then what it already is b/c their so called discount is for anyone that lives outta state

fasterz
08-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by bandit390
When all there prices are jacked up so high to begin with. Does the discount really matter? No. Especially when there prices with the discount are higher than other places with no discount.

So, its really all just a gimmick to get you to buy from them. :rolleyes:
thats sooo true, ive practically never seen a true discount

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 12:29 PM
ok guys who cares they are probably as cheap as u can get it, plus they are supporting the site so y ***** and complain? think about it that way. we keep complaining we will lose our sponsors then what do we do?

trx400ex
08-14-2003, 12:35 PM
we always complain about sponsers after so long......dont know why, ive found them to be way higher priced than other places i actually tried to buy from them but im not paying extra money for that...

bandit390
08-14-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
ok guys who cares they are probably as cheap as u can get it, plus they are supporting the site so y ***** and complain? think about it that way. we keep complaining we will lose our sponsors then what do we do?

Complaining isn't a bad thing :D

Plus our sponsers would never leave, unless they start losing money, in which case they would leave anyway.

anywhereEx
08-14-2003, 12:45 PM
thats sooo true, ive practically never seen a true discount

Well if it does not suit your needs then go ahead and pay full retail and don't waste our time with the comments. You are on here for free! Harlen and the sponsors keep it that way so think about that before you complain about them.

we always complain about sponsers after so long......dont know why, ive found them to be way higher priced than other places i actually tried to buy from them but im not paying extra money for that...

Sorry to tell you but if you know the parts are cheaper elsewhere and talk to them about it they will not BS you. I have had them tell me flat out other places that were better on price due to huge volume. They still got my buisness for being honest with me.

Woodsrider
08-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Some folks just aint happy unless their whining:rolleyes:
They got my business, they had what I needed, at a fair price, and got it moving to make sure I had it faster than I needed it. I got it cheaper with shipping than I would have if I bought it local and paid state tax. I'll buy from them again too:macho

JHF219
08-14-2003, 02:49 PM
here is how all that stuff works !! i am sponsored by WFO Motorsports and i get everything at cost !! cost is 40% below retail so i hope you all get that !! name something(minus a-arms and suspension) but im talking like levers brake lines and so forth and i can tell you the cost of it !! then you can determine for yourself how much the aftermarket world milks us for !! we get jipped !! sorry C&D but you know as well as i do that the aftermarket makes huge bucks !!

Bender
08-14-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
Some folks just aint happy unless their whining:rolleyes:
They got my business, they had what I needed, at a fair price, and got it moving to make sure I had it faster than I needed it. I got it cheaper with shipping than I would have if I bought it local and paid state tax. I'll buy from them again too:macho

I don't think anyone is really whining, if you read the posts. It's just a question. Is it wrong to question? So you give them your money. Thats good for you. Doesn't mean jack. Question is does C&D give us a discount of 10%?
I don't think so at all. I got a qoute for a Sparks exhaust at $489 from C&D. Thats not a discount. Just because C&D is an EX sponsor, doesn't mean they're not like any other dealers. Out to make money. I've seen stuff from Nac's, K&K just as cheap or cheaper.
All I can say is do your research when you spend. Don't be brand loyal. They just want your money like any business. Get the most from your money period. No crime in that.

Woodsrider
08-14-2003, 03:10 PM
I agree fully. I never said they did, or didnt give a discount. But if you feel they aren't giving you a discount then go elsewhere. I shop a lot of different places when I buy anything. the shop with the lowest price and, or the best service will get my business. Service is worth a little more in my book.

I guess your right, maybe "whining" was a bad choice of words.;) Shop around and find the best price, but it there, and if it turns out there service sucks, then dont buy there any more.

Martin Blair
08-14-2003, 03:38 PM
well i ddint know that i was just wondering if we really do i thought you would do more advertising.

sorry i was just wondering, i dint mean to opset anyone just wondering if we actually get one.

kabd69667
08-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex
I don't think anyone complained about The Quadshop...they were always my favorite site sponser:)

KASCHAK
08-14-2003, 05:41 PM
exactly all the companies are out to get money some are just more clever to get the money. i thnk c&d is pretty good. there only advertising to us on here. unlike everyone else that is on everthing.

Derno24
08-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Well my 2 cents is this. I won't waste my time arguing with people about prices. Look around and keep making calls and waste your day looking for the absolute best price and I guarantee you it won't be dramatically cheaper than what you can get it for from C&D. They are excellent people who have been honest with me from the word go. I don't even own a honda and they have been great to deal with. I think that this is their best trait. Honesty is something I have not found from other parts dealers. People do what you want as far as buying things, but I have been around long enough to realize every site sponsor gets ragged on by people not happy with what they are getting.

Side note: this site is expensive to run, without a sponsor there would be no site. No one is saying you have to buy from C&D just give them a shot at your business. Have a nice day people and ride hard.:macho

Guy400
08-15-2003, 12:06 AM
I agree with Derno. I bought all my EX parts through C&D and they were consistently cheaper than other retail outlets except for one or two items and Dusty flat out told me she can't match the price on these particular parts with what RMATV was selling them for. But, C&D's price was within $2 of what RMATV was selling them for but because of Dusty's honesty I went ahead and sacrificed the $2 savings and bought those parts through C&D.

The problem is, nobody truly knows what the retailers pay for parts. I can guarantee you that Rocky Mountain gets a better discount when they purchase 2000 sets of Razr's than when Joe's Backyard ATV Parts buys 2 sets. Because of this pricing is different. Joe could very well sell you the tires at his cost and it would be more than RMATV's retail. That's the real world and you have to deal with it.

gncc335
08-15-2003, 01:34 AM
How would a dealer such as the Quad Shop or C&D affort to pay there water/sewer electric, employess, shop costs etc.

If they would sell for dealer cost? not alone sponser this site?

sickmojave
08-15-2003, 01:40 AM
can you put a price on the help and info that jeff has gave to this site for free :confused: :eek:

wyndzer
08-15-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by HN400exracer
I called C&D racing today to order someparts when i got it all total i asked how about the exriders discount, and thye said thats with the discount, but i never even hinted at the fact i was a exrider previously to that, so basicaly we dont get any discount at all, do we?.

Did you get it cheaper than you could have bought it at your local shop?

If your answer is "yes" then you got a discount.

If your answer is "no" then you're not too smart.

Glow Plug
08-15-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by sickmojave
can you put a price on the help and info that jeff has gave to this site for free :confused: :eek:

Thats right, I'm not saying that the c&d guys don't help out with this site i just feel that Jeff and his Employes took the time to be a normal member. I don't see The C&d guys on here to often making fun of the other member or just having a laugh like Jeff and everyone else used to do.

BUt I guess I can't complain because I don't order parts from anyone so....

Pappy
08-15-2003, 03:36 AM
call around and compare prices....noone can make you buy a part but YOU. become an educated consumer and make smart choices....

im locking this thread because i dont see anything worthwhile being posted. i would advise that you inform c&d that you are a site member and compare thier pricing...they have stated before that they cant offer the discount on certain items.