PDA

View Full Version : graphics kit install tips

zlam27
08-14-2003, 07:21 AM
just got my n-style graphics kit (thanks 12gofast). just wondering what i should do to prep the plastic for the stickers, etc. should i just go out and buy staples for my staple gun the same length as the ones in the stock seat cover? is there any way to put this cover over the stock cover (so its more durable)? any help is appreciated, thanks.

zach

XANDADA
08-14-2003, 07:31 AM
I took my seat cover to an upholsterer and they did it for $25. They steamed/stretched it on so it looks perfect. For the graphics, I cleaned them I took the plastic/graphics to work and flame treated them which works the best :devil:. You can also wipe them down with denatured alchohol and warm the plastic with a hair dryer(I work at a place that applies adhesive backed vinyl on plastic). Ya it sounds crazy but it will stick like a monster.

Tommy 17
08-14-2003, 07:56 AM
don't put the seat cover on over the old one... it'll rip...

take it to a shop... here it costs 5$ to get it put on... it's a pain if u dont bc u have to stretch them...

250rmike
08-15-2003, 06:15 AM
i just had me and my dad hold the seat cover tight and started from the front and worked my way back keeping the seat cover tight.

with the graphix just clean the plastic good then spay some cleaner on the plastic(soap in a spray bottle) on the plastic this will allow you to move the graphix around to get them in the right place then just let them sit and dry and voola perfect

08-15-2003, 04:51 PM
heres a tip throw ur seat cover in the dryer before u put it on to get it nice and warm so u can stretch it nice. Next time i do it im takin mine to a shop and gettin it done for like 5 bux.

RytM1
08-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by 250rmike
...with the graphix just clean the plastic good then spay some cleaner on the plastic(soap in a spray bottle) on the plastic this will allow you to move the graphix around to get them in the right place then just let them sit and dry and voola perfect.....
You might want to use something to squeegee the excess water out from under them and use a hair dryer on low to heat the decals up. You will be able to "shrink" them a little bit to fit better. It will also help work out some of the irregular edges. Just be sure to work away from the center of the decal. You'll see right away how easy they are to form to the plastic.

250rmike
08-16-2003, 08:03 AM
i knew i was forgetting something the squeegee to get excess water and air bubbles out or you can use a credit card to this gets it nice and plat.

CHAUNCY
08-16-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
heres a tip throw ur seat cover in the dryer before u put it on to get it nice and warm so u can stretch it nice. Next time i do it im takin mine to a shop and gettin it done for like 5 bux.

I just put mine in the sun and leave it there for like an hour and its stretchy but your way would also. Also a hair dryer works pretty good to get the seat stretchy. I use rubbing alcohol to get the plastic clean before putting the graphics on:confused: It works so far:)