PDA

View Full Version : Honda 450

Cannonball08
08-14-2003, 05:48 AM
I hope this don't make you guys to mad but the new honda don't have reverse.

stupid driver
08-14-2003, 06:09 AM
neither does the new yami or the predator. In racing, ya just dont need it:huh

400EXrider#91
08-14-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Cannonball08

did you have to start a new thread?:confused2

HondaMan300EX
08-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Why would you want a racing quad to have reverse? Just makes it heavier and if you are racing you dont need it. If you are going to buy it as a woods bike, get something that has reverse!

AtvRider21
08-14-2003, 07:55 AM
do u guys think that the new honda will have better handling, be lighter, have mooore power, and go faster than the yfz 450 i hope soo because i want a craazy power fast quad thats good at everything and im gunna wait to decide...

a1965gt
08-14-2003, 10:07 AM
I personally I hope it doent have reverse but where did you get your information. I was talking to a local dealer who said he has seen the quad in person and that it did have reverse. Not that I necessarly believe him, just letting you know what I heard.

Cannonball08
08-15-2003, 04:31 AM
In my opinion you should hold out for the honda, Shane Hitt told me it will be out in sept.

I was correct about that so Im pretty sure i am correct about the reverse issue.
From what else I was told It will cost about the same as the yammi, its wider that the 400ex, it handles way better that the yammi, but the yammi moter may have just a tade more topend.

why would i want reverse on a race quad?
1. the whole market buying this quad does not race Motocross. Most of them are probable trail riders, and reverse in a XC race would be awesome.
2. It can't be that heavy. I bet the electric start is ten times heavier.
3. I don't really care if it has reverse either cause Im not buying one. I have way to much money wraped up in my EX to buy a $7,000 STOCK quad.

RED121572
08-16-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Cannonball08

It doesnt have reverse? Where exactly did your read that? Post the link, cause I dont believe you read that anywhere.

If it turns out that you can present proof...well....may santa roast my guts on an open campfire. :D

Holeshot36
08-16-2003, 09:18 AM
The only way the yami would have more top end is if the honda is destroked to and i hope thats not the case, plus the yami has awsome handling which i believe honda will be lucky to have as good handling- of course i could be wrong but i'm not going to believe it until i see proof, only time will tell.

SSracingNY
08-16-2003, 09:42 AM
racing quads dont need reverse. Just dump the clutch and keep on the gas and she'll spin right around unless you got a raptor thats too tall cuz "they are good."

hondafox440
08-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Yes Mr. Almighty Insider with factory info, where did you find out? Reveal your sources! Ahora!

Cannonball08
08-16-2003, 01:55 PM
You won't just dump the gas and spin the bike around if you are racing XC and the guy right in front of you got side ways or stoped for some other reason, or if you hit a tree, or if you get stuck in the mud, this could even happen if you are trail riding with friends. trust me reverse is handy, yes even on a race quad , ask the guys on that race Z400's if they could live without it .

I have already stated where I have gotten my info. When the quad comes out and all was true then can i have some respect?