PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help

Atreyu
08-14-2003, 05:01 AM
Well it seems my banshee needs a new crank, pistons, and head. I was wondering if I should just get all the stuff on ebay. I found PTR 409cc cylinders with pistons but it looks a little fishy...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2427535546&category=43977

Looks like he took a knife and carved that in there..lol Also what do you think of wiseco hotrod cranks? Whats the difference betweeen true and welded or true and pinned? Longrod or shortrod? I was also thinking about vito's hemi-head. Anyone ever have experience with these? Thanks any help would be good..

stupid driver
08-14-2003, 08:02 AM
i'd do a little research, and maybe contact the guy, ask him a ton of questions, before you hand over any cash. If all else fails, send your motor to a builder and have the works done to it.

Atreyu
08-14-2003, 03:26 PM
Thanks man, today I took the engine apart and found out I have a wiseco hotrod crank. One of the rods was bent and cracked. So all I need is a new rod, bore job, pistons, and gaskets. Instead of a .060 overbore I was thinking about just getting new cylinders. Possible PTR 403 cylinders. Not sure yet. If anyone else has any ideas lemme know.