View Full Version : Roll Call - 12 Hours of America Race - Register now!

465Stroker
08-13-2003, 11:28 PM
12 Hours of America Race registration is now up! Register early so that you can reserve your favorite team and number - there is a limited number of entries available.
This year Alba Action Sports will be sponsoring the team of Traci Cecco, Angela Moore, and Heather Byrd in the A Class! The all women's team will be racing and Alba Action Sports Z400 with major support from Lone Star Racing, PEP Suspension, Douglas Wheel, and Maxxis Tires.

Bart
08-14-2003, 12:18 AM
In case you didn't know, the registration is available at:

http://www.********.com

Click on the 12 Hours of America button on the top of the page.

465Stroker
08-14-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Fred
In case you didn't know, the registration is available at:

http://www.********.com

Click on the 12 Hours of America button on the top of the page.

Thanks Fred!

toby400ex
08-14-2003, 06:09 AM
Ive been wanting to race this since i heard about it like last year, but i dont think i can afford a $200 entry fee.:confused2

lt250r91
08-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Toby400ex

the 200 bucks is for the whole team so that's about 65-70 each to enter plus fuel and parts.

I'll be there, we're waited to find out if we get a free enter. One of my teamates I think won the Buccs Novice class and is looking to put a team together. Either way I'll be there in the B class on the GasGas.

So what happen to last years womens team? They kick some major butt. Is Stephanie not racing it or is she on a different team.

ex kid
08-14-2003, 01:55 PM
rick are you racing? id like to get out there to see it but iowa?:ermm:

lt250r91
08-14-2003, 03:17 PM
$12,000 to the winning pro team (if 30 pro teams sign up)
$900 to winning A team (if 30 A teams sign up)

Plus every team that finishes gets something.

I think this alone will catch the top riders eyes a long with the fact that it will have major sponsors and media on hand. Want better way to meet and greet the people that do articles in the mags and also the people behind some of the bigger names in the sport.

People are still talking about last years event and this one promises to be bigger and better. When the 1st place spot in the A class was decided by only 24 seconds after 12 grueling hours of racing you can't ask for anything better.

For the full details on the prize money and other details go to the above link that Fred and 465stroker posted early (********'s website).

And see you all there.

465Stroker
08-15-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ex kid
rick are you racing? id like to get out there to see it but iowa?:ermm:

No - Just running the pits which is a full time job!

LT - The reason Stephanie was replaced by Heather was because we (Traci, Angela, and myself) wanted to have a rider that had similar sponsors that are major sponsors throughout the GNCC or GNC season. Heather is an awesome racer and friend too.

For example - All three girls use PEP shocks - last year we ran AXIS, plus Alba Actions Sports let us put a team together which would likely be a conflict with Honda of Troy (Stephanies main sponsor & employer). This years track will be opened up some with more MX jumps and TT type of obstacles were 2/3 of our team is made up of MX and TT racers - so this will be a big plus.

Stephanie did a great job last year with coordinating sponsors and racing on the team so I am sure she will have another great team of her own too.

bansheeguy77
08-15-2003, 02:59 PM
traci cecco woot woot :devil: haha jk
hey rick you are cousins with scott cecco right?

lt250r91
08-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the insight Rick. That makes sense on the sponsor thing and having to racers with mx and TT background is a big plus. I'm sure Heather is in excellant shape and can handle the longer races. I was real surprized at last years event on how well the mx and TT riders were readly for the longer race. I was counting on the GNCC guys being close and then taking over the second half of the race last year, but as the results show a mx pro team won it. Well goodluck with the womens team and I'll see you at the rest of the GNCC's. Hopefully are pits are close to your's at the 12 hour race. Last year my buddy's (Chris, Eric, and Todd) were right next to you guys and ended finishing 2nd in the A class. I was the one that helped change the swingarm when Angela started the second half. 10 mins to switch a rearend out, that was awesome.

Mike

TLC
08-16-2003, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
traci cecco woot woot :devil: haha jk
hey rick you are cousins with scott cecco right?

Would'nt that be Mr. Cecco to you? :) Yes he is.

cdalejef
08-16-2003, 05:32 AM
Good luck Traci!!!! I wanna go!:(
You going riding with us on the 30th?

bansheeguy77
08-16-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by TLC
Would'nt that be Mr. Cecco to you? :) Yes he is.

lol yep...i had no idea he was related to u guys till some1 said something about u and traci then me and him had like a 2 hr convo on quads hah.

gncc335
08-17-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by lt250r91
Thanks for the insight Rick. That makes sense on the sponsor thing and having to racers with mx and TT background is a big plus. I'm sure Heather is in excellant shape and can handle the longer races. I was real surprized at last years event on how well the mx and TT riders were readly for the longer race. I was counting on the GNCC guys being close and then taking over the second half of the race last year, but as the results show a mx pro team won it. Well goodluck with the womens team and I'll see you at the rest of the GNCC's. Hopefully are pits are close to your's at the 12 hour race. Last year my buddy's (Chris, Eric, and Todd) were right next to you guys and ended finishing 2nd in the A class. I was the one that helped change the swingarm when Angela started the second half. 10 mins to switch a rearend out, that was awesome.

Mike

Geez take yer RETALIN, yak yak yak!!!!

BUCK442
08-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Rumors in IL and KY that the Story brothers and My self and Jamie Shepard might make up a team on a 2fast2crash backed suzuki quad. Them Story boys are cleaning house in the msws. I hope that all the plans work out. We are unsure if a few of us will be allowed to ride A class, Myself and the Story bros rode a few pro production races last year, what do ya think Rick.

tprender
08-22-2003, 01:28 AM
If you have Jamie on your team he could not ride in the A class. He rode all of last year and this in the pro production class. Maybe if you did 1 or 2 races in production you could ride A class. I have not heard how sign up is going. From the talk it might be a full house this year.
See you there.

465Stroker
08-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Buck - As long as Jamie is not on your team - you should be alright. What class are the other guys racing at the locals - AA? We really do not care - but JP might put a wrench in your spokes. No need to cherry pick - right?:)

toby400ex
08-24-2003, 10:20 AM
Anyone got some advice on getting my parents to let me out of school for a day and go to this race. Im going to do a race september 7th to qaulify for b class.

79400ex
08-24-2003, 04:21 PM
toby400ex I don't think one race in B class will be enough to quifily for the race. I just sent my registeration for the race and I think I might have a hard time getting in. I even race this race last year.

tprender
08-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Toby you nead to remimber that this is more than just a local XC or MX race. Because of the 12 hr there is going to be alot of things that happen differnt from the reg races and the number of riders on the track at the same time being passed often. There will be about 135 riders out there at all times going fast and faster. This is why this year there is the quilifications or limits for the riders. They want the Best riders. Also it is not going to be a cheap day of riding, many parts will need to be replaced by the end of the 12 hrs.

worm
08-25-2003, 09:23 AM
i dont know if i read that right..stephanie got ditched becaus eof shocks? oh well.. she hooked me up w/ the 400ex air tube and filter setup they ran last year for the 12 hour race... she does a lot for LRD at troy...good luckeveryone!

toby400ex
08-25-2003, 10:46 AM
Actually i emailed and sent John Pellan a private message on ********, he said im good to go and should just get my registration form in on time. I realize this is a huge race and that is one of the reasons i want to go, my parents also need to realize this. It is like THE biggest atv race around here.

79400ex
09-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Sent inmy tem registerion for the indursty class. the team will be a family business and team will be made up of three brothers. The team name is G & G Trucking. Part of this team finished 20th in last year race in the B class after a bunch of breakdowns.

86atc250r
09-07-2003, 10:50 AM
We're planning on being there.

I'll be racing with the two man team that ran 2nd most of the day (until a rear bearing failure) in the B class last year on a 400ex.

Last year my team ended up 6th in the A class on a Cannondale, but one of my riders only put it about 7 laps (and slow ones at that), the other team member was my stepfather, who is an experienced rider, but had never raced (good way to break him in, eh?). Neither has any plans of racing the 12hr this year.

We're not yet sure if we're going to run A or B at this point - leaning toward B.

Bart
09-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Gabe running the B-Class? Sandbagger.:blah:

79400ex
09-19-2003, 12:31 PM
just revceived our team letter.

bradley300
09-23-2003, 10:39 PM
i would love to race one of these! i'm gonna have to practice though, maybe 2005 or 2006 will be the year

09-29-2003, 06:39 PM
Team The Quadshop will be represented there in the A class. Riders Jeff Stoess, Nathan Delabar and Brian Cook!!!!!!!

Sporttrax400ex
09-29-2003, 08:59 PM
Nathat any words on the tires. i got my ex sold and the guy sposed to come and pick it up here in the next couple days. i need the tires????????????????????

please get back with me.

sorry to ruin this post but i cant contact him any other way and i need theese tires.

bradley300
09-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Team The Quadshop will be represented there in the A class. Riders Jeff Stoess, Nathan Delabar and Brian Cook!!!!!!!

cook and jeff on the same team? thats a lethal combo if ive ever seen one, and having gnccer makes them a lock for first:D good luck guys!

465Stroker
09-30-2003, 04:55 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: The Quadshop is going down:mad: :mad: :mad:

cdalejef
09-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by 465Stroker
:mad: :mad: :mad: The Quadshop is going down:mad: :mad: :mad: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Bart
09-30-2003, 01:23 PM
Jeff,

What quad will you be racing????

Bart
09-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Team Name: Skunkwerx Racing
Class: A
Quad: Yamaha YFZ450

Tim Gale (4-Str A)
Lynn Smith (4-Str Stock)
Mike Novak (4-Str B)

Sponsers: Magic Racing, Arens Bros

cdalejef
09-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Fred
Jeff,

What quad will you be racing???? We will be on GNCCer's YFZ

09-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
We will be on GNCCer's YFZ

Don't you wanna finish the race:confused: :confused:

09-30-2003, 05:57 PM
RICO
man that hurts!!! take it back, NOW

bradley300
09-30-2003, 09:55 PM
ouch!

coorsinmyc-bak
10-01-2003, 06:31 PM
ill be a one man team,prolly win the a class.how many beers away is iowa?

10-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Since Perry county is about 15 hours away. and you drink about 2 beers an hour while on the road. that should be a 30 beer trip. Now if you are driving I sould bump that number up to about 40. So if I was you i would just get a Keg.

Bart
10-20-2003, 10:31 AM
TTT

cdalejef
10-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer
Team The Quadshop will be represented there in the A class. Riders Jeff Stoess, Nathan Delabar and Brian Cook!!!!!!! Make that the pro class.

Bart
10-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Jeff@quadshop
Make that the pro class.

Jeff,

Was that your decision or a result of you and Brian racing pro on Sat?

cdalejef
10-20-2003, 12:35 PM
Because of us running pro on saturday.

10-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Because of us running pro on saturday.

:confused: do you have to race pro because you raced 1 time in the pro class:confused:

cdalejef
10-21-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Rico
:confused: do you have to race pro because you raced 1 time in the pro class:confused: Yes!

Tina
10-23-2003, 03:48 AM
Team Rausch Creek has left the building!

Industry Class:

1. Mike McDonald
2. Brian Bender
3. Justin Buffington

Have Fun!
Ride Hard!
Be Safe!

WIN!:macho

10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Hey Jeff, if Nathan is driving his truck ya might wanna stop by a service station and have them cut the wires to all the warning lights on the dash board so they don't keep you awake on the drive out there...:huh :eek2: :huh

cdalejef
10-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Nope, were taking my Ford! No worries!;)

OCCRA288
10-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Jeff,

Just to let you know, There is a Jiggily room in Fort Dodge. There's also a couple bars. I have to reccommend the Applebee's if you have time. It's the best one I've ever eaten at. I raced the 12 hour last year. The track was awesome.

cdalejef
10-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Hmmmm....:devil:

jlhughes750
10-23-2003, 11:58 AM
be strong Jeff!! take not the path of the jiggly!!!!focus, beware the jiggly force for it will suck u into its ways. " i only had 2 beers...ahhh what time is it... and wheres my wallet??"
we have seen the dangers of the jiggly force in action before. be warned its powers are strong and can lead a racer deep into the AM hours....

we've witnessed this in Fla. with the "sierra grande big trailers" episode!!!!! then in KY.... i really don't like the abbreviation of that state...hahah it makes me nervous to know that so many fast guys come from KY..............

good luck, tip her one for me....

later, J

10-23-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
be strong Jeff!! take not the path of the jiggly!!!!focus, beware the jiggly force for it will suck u into its ways. " i only had 2 beers...ahhh what time is it... and wheres my wallet??"
we have seen the dangers of the jiggly force in action before. be warned its powers are strong and can lead a racer deep into the AM hours....

we've witnessed this in Fla. with the "sierra grande big trailers" episode!!!!! then in KY.... i really don't like the abbreviation of that state...hahah it makes me nervous to know that so many fast guys come from KY..............

good luck, tip her one for me....

later, J

Was you in the jiggly room at sparta on friday night?????:confused:

jlhughes750
10-23-2003, 12:40 PM
heck no, i was scared of the K...Y.. crew getting sauced up and goin crazy... its not good to get in the middle of a few sauced up racers, some dancers and a KY tradition..:eek: :eek:

I planted a spy cam on Bertha but all i saw was Ricos head all night. note to self: pastys do not make good spy cams!!!

10-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by jlhughes750
heck no, i was scared of the K...Y.. crew getting sauced up and goin crazy... its not good to get in the middle of a few sauced up racers, some dancers and a KY tradition..:eek: :eek:

I planted a spy cam on Bertha but all i saw was Ricos head all night. note to self: pastys do not make good spy cams!!!

ROFLMFAO