PDA

View Full Version : hung out with a legend today

Pappy
08-13-2003, 04:23 PM
well today was pretty cool for me and my son cody. we got to meet someone who as a young teenager i would read about and pretend to be like. i had his and others pictures from magazine clippings all over my room.....and swore one day id be as good as them.

not to sound goofy but it really made me feel pretty cool. my son researched him the last few days prior to us heading to his shop and could barely speak to him:p once we got in the jeep to head home he wouldnt shut up...it made his day:D

im talking about our very own exriders member Mickey Dunlap. i had the privilige of spending some time with him in his shop and just shot the chit about everything. he didnt let me down...and i even saw pictures on his wall that i had once collected from magazines. he gave me the grand tour of his shop and i was able to see whats behind FOUR STROKE TECH. alot of his sponsored quads were there and my kid just loved that:)

thanks Mickey for a memory for my son....and bringin me back to being a kid.

Chino
08-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Sounds like you had a great time pappy. Stuff like that just brings a smile to all our faces :D SEE U AT DA HATFEELD IN SEPT

p@iNn3ck
08-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Awesome! Congrats Kenny!

Atreyu
08-13-2003, 04:41 PM
congrats pappy... maybe some day I could come and see whats behind PPC :macho

anywhereEx
08-13-2003, 04:44 PM
Sounds like a good day. I am sure it was enjoyed even more by your son.

Nice to know that some of the bigger names in the buisness never forget where they came from

Diedrich
08-13-2003, 04:57 PM
yeah its good to hear that big names still take the time out to give people a chance to see whats going on in their shops..especially kids..glade yall had a good time...yeah i would like to see what your pc shop looks like it..and how ya do it:D

JOEX
08-13-2003, 05:02 PM
WOW! That's some cool chit!:)
Will this be one of those interviews you have comming to exriders? I would sure like to meet some of the big guys like that. Not many out this way...

Joe

Tommy 17
08-13-2003, 05:03 PM
sweet pappy... cood deal u had a great time hangin with them and cody at the shop...

mickeys always been a cool *** person in my book...

Pappy
08-13-2003, 05:10 PM
no this was just a pleasure trip....no business

he was very busy when i arrived but immediatley stopped and took the time from his day to chat.

i hadnt even seen him at races so this was the first for me .....but ill be back and get a good interview i promise:p

coryatver
08-13-2003, 05:19 PM
I saw him during a race and waved and he walked from the pro pits over to ask my buddy how his motor was running. I thought that was nice.

08-13-2003, 05:31 PM
cool story :)

QuadJunkies
08-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no this was just a pleasure trip....no business

he was very busy when i arrived but immediatley stopped and took the time from his day to chat.

i hadnt even seen him at races so this was the first for me .....but ill be back and get a good interview i promise:p Very cool Pappy.;)

250x#93
08-14-2003, 03:05 AM
Cool **** man, Hey he works on engines, so what all cool machinin equipment did ya see there? anythin exciting:cool:

250x#93
08-14-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Atreyu
congrats pappy... maybe some day I could come and see whats behind PPC :macho

Not to sound weird, but I had a dream two nights ago that I went to ppc to look for a job, and that pappy was gonna hire me, but i think it would be a little to far of a drive:o haha

Glow Plug
08-14-2003, 03:17 AM
Wow that would be an awsome experence :eek2: Glad to hear that you had a good time and you son did to :)

JabberJaw
08-14-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
WOW! That's some cool chit!:)
Will this be one of those interviews you have comming to exriders? I would sure like to meet some of the big guys like that. Not many out this way...

Joe

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunlap
08-14-2003, 10:47 AM
I think I was more excited to my blue frame for Chads new 500ex than Pappy and his son was to meet me.Next time I should some new stickers for your son and maybe you too.

400exmom
08-14-2003, 10:54 AM
you da man pappy!!! you da man!:)

Pappy
08-14-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Mickey Dunlap
I think I was more excited to my blue frame for Chads new 500ex

hahaha...that blue tends to get people a bit excited:D

hessianmx111
08-14-2003, 11:07 AM
sounds like it was a cool trip. you sound like one awesome dad!:)

wilkin250r
08-14-2003, 11:47 AM
cool beans, it's not too often you get to shoot the chit with a legend in the industry. I'm jealous...

Rip_Tear
08-14-2003, 12:11 PM
Wow thats real cool that Mickey D took the time to chat with you and everything Kenny! And its nice too see Mickey posting on the board again :D

JOEX
08-14-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY!!!! Where were you last weekend?:confused:

Joe

cheetah
08-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Funny. Bet ya never thought as a kid you would sell a powdercoated frame to Mickey.:D That's something that will stick with your son forever and it's great to have a few pros out there that will still talk to the common man.;)

250x#93
08-14-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by cheetah
it's great to have a few pros out there that will still talk to the common man.;)

Yeah it is great, too bad a lot of people famous wit quads or bikes or anythin its sad that they get up on the clouds and think there hot **** since they can ride:devil: It is nice that sum are nice and chat wit the rest of us, hell if it wasn't for us fans and admires, mikey and half the others wouldn't be who they are:cool:

quadfamily
08-14-2003, 03:38 PM
did he say he was hanging out with the Urban Legend today???????????

Seriously that's pretty cool! I had a very positive experience when I visited Steve Abbott's Quad Central with my 3 kids when we were on vacation in Vegas. Told him we were from Jersey and he spent at least an hour and a half with us. Showed us the whole shop, all the projects going on, let me twist the throttle on Rap-Daddy a few times, did a nice long wheelie on a 4wd quad he built up for a guy with huge tires and big bore kit (and maybe stroked too), gave the kids autographed photos, posed for pictures, etc........ There's much more but I don't want to take away from your post too much. My point is that it's nice to have professionals in the industry that take time out of their busy days to talk to guys like us and their kids.
I've talked with Mickey on the phone and I can tell he's a genuinly nice guy.
It's nice to see you're still on the boards Mickey. I know some of the kids here have gotten on your nerves but we will crack down on them if they try any of that again. Hopefully we'll see you here a little more!

MotoX3
08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
i went fishing:ermm: .....anyways glad to hear u 2 had a good time:macho