PDA

View Full Version : Whats so good aobut these new 450s anyway?

Martin Blair
08-13-2003, 03:55 PM
I got to thinking and i really want the new honda 450 but after thinking a while whats the big deal about everyone having to have the best quad out there, i ahvwe a 400ex and its a great bike no affence to others but its better then 300ex, 250ex, warriors, lokotas and mojaves, ect. It handles bettter then the raptor, the only quads that are about it IMO are the two new 450s, beside cannondale but there not mass produced. A 400ex can hange with z400s and kfxs, and i can beat raptors and stock banshees on mine.

So whats the big deal if you got a 400ex its a good bike why does everyone want a new 450, even people with 300exs its better, look at it like you could have a 250ex, or a mojave, or lokata, or hell even a warrior, but you dont you ahve something better, there always going to be someone that can beat you, you cant win everyday.

And in the C B and A class even it doesnt really matter what bike the driver is what matters more, that only come into play in open and pro classes, still a good driver on a 400ex can bet a average driver on a new yzf450 on the track, and suspension is more important then motor power usually if the bike comes into play at all, the only type of racing where the motor matters that much i can see would be drag racing, but a 416 or 426 kit can hang right there with these new 450s if you know your bike and how to drive.

thats my 2 cents.

TeamC&GRacer
08-13-2003, 06:21 PM
I agree with you. The new 450's will only be needed for expert or pro racers in the A class to pro, where more power will come into play. Racers in the lower class's can more or less win races with just about any bike out there, it depends more on the rider i believe then the bike. Until i move up into the A class i will keep what i have now. But i agree with you 100%

soul
08-14-2003, 02:38 AM
im with both of you on this one