PDA

View Full Version : ASR Heim joint

Black400
08-13-2003, 02:48 PM
I bought some asr +3 a-arms and they have held up good until i went to the track the other day and i didnt tighten up a bolt on the bottom of the hiem ball joints and when i jumped a downhill double the bolt poped out and the bottom a-arm fell off.and hit the ground and dug in and i got thrown around and i couldnt find the bolt in the dirt anywhere after the crash. so..... my question is where can i get that bolt and the special washer? I really dont want to buy a new ball joint.

4TraxRider
08-13-2003, 03:12 PM
I used an oldhex head bolt from something, and found a washer that barey fit, and put it on the upper arm so it didnt have as much pressure. It wasn't meant to be premenant for my buddies EX, but it somehow became and its stil holding up.

Black400
08-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
I used an oldhex head bolt from something, and found a washer that barey fit, and put it on the upper arm so it didnt have as much pressure. It wasn't meant to be premenant for my buddies EX, but it somehow became and its stil holding up.

hmmm seems like the ball joint wouldnt rotate right. any other replies:confused:

08-13-2003, 03:30 PM
Get the part number off one of the others and post it here. there most likely just standard commercial rod ends and someone here will get you in the right direction to find them.

Black400
08-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Get the part number off one of the others and post it here. there most likely just standard commercial rod ends and someone here will get you in the right direction to find them.

nope only asr makes the washers they look cnc machined im almost sure.... and the bolt them selves dont have part number on them i dont think ill go check real quick...

08-13-2003, 04:47 PM
they have a warrentee right??:p

bmw500hp
08-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Black400
nope only asr makes the washers they look cnc machined im almost sure.... and the bolt them selves dont have part number on them i dont think ill go check real quick...

I have looked close enough to know ASR heim is made in
China. It is a very standardized part...Can't figure what bolt your talking about however.

08-13-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
I have looked close enough to know ASR heim is made in
China. It is a very standardized part...Can't figure what bolt your talking about however.

I think your correct just more chinese junk, and I guess no one saw my previous posts on why its not worth paying less when your only getting less etc.

Value is getting same quality for less $$$ not less quality for less $$$ thats just cheap.

As far as the bolt goes I had thought you lost the rod end joint not the bolt that goes thru it.

Maybe if you get a pic or could be more clear on which part your looking for etc it would be easier

bmw500hp
08-14-2003, 02:30 AM
Black 400 are you talking about the bushing? It fits inside the hiem? :confused:

I didn't go back a re-read the posts but did you call A.S.R and ask them?

The nut may have been a nyloc or castle..

Black400
08-14-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bmw500hp
Black 400 are you talking about the bushing? It fits inside the hiem? :confused:

I didn't go back a re-read the posts but did you call A.S.R and ask them?

The nut may have been a nyloc or castle..

ya the bushing and the hex bolt i dont know why i didnt think of the word:ermm:I havent called asr and asked them yet i am going to tomorrow. and as far as the warranty it was not their fault it was mine for not tightening it. and the a-arm held up great and it took a beating and didnt bend or anything so... i am happy with them. and most peoples problems come from buying their sport a-arms (havent seen any complants from people that had pro-race a-arms just people with sport a-arms). i bought the pro-race arms and i like them... but i havent rode on them but 4 times and they look hella beefed up. ANd sorry but i just dont have 1000 bux.:macho

08-14-2003, 08:17 PM
i bought the pro-race arms and i like them... but i havent rode on them but 4 times and they look hella beefed up. ANd sorry but i just dont have 1000 bux.

Hey man dont take any of the opinions I stated personal. I understand we dont allways have the $$$ avail for what we want to mod on the quads etc but I get frustrated when the prices are inflated so much that in order to get something more affordable we give up a lot too many times.

I have suggested this to many people and I still believe there are both good deals to be made with the right mfg or dealer etc as well as there being some real bargains on quality stuff, but too often we end up with inferior products trying to save 100.00 on a 600.00 product and it just not right to us the riders who have to pay for all this stuff.

08-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by 440EX4me
Hey man dont take any of the opinions I stated personal. I understand we dont allways have the $$$ avail for what we want to mod on the quads etc but I get frustrated when the prices are inflated so much that in order to get something more affordable we give up a lot too many times.

I have suggested this to many people and I still believe there are both good deals to be made with the right mfg or dealer etc as well as there being some real bargains on quality stuff, but too often we end up with inferior products trying to save 100.00 on a 600.00 product and it just not right to us the riders who have to pay for all this stuff.

I agree totally. I found some reasonably priced a-arms from burgard they look great for the price and people actually recomend them :eek2: