PDA

View Full Version : Stabilizer or front shocks?????

Zingnut
01-24-2002, 03:06 PM
Which would benefit me more. I am 6 foot 155lbs. and ride in the woods not much jumping. I can either get works triple rate w/rezzy's (one has a bad valve and needs replaced) if I build a friend a computer out of my parts or I am going to buy a Denton steering stablizer. I have talked to people that some say stablizer will make it work so much more smooth in the woods or some that say shocks all the way.

What would it be to have the shocks rebuilt never priced this before.... Any suggestions for my dilemma.

Thanks for any help!

01-24-2002, 06:07 PM
Aftermarket shocks are worth the money. I also have added a steering stabilizer, but the shocks made the greater improvement by far (they are also more expensive).

The steering stabilizer mainly helps me for high-speed stability. Some claim a lot of arm pump relief, but I haven't had arm pump issues either with or without it.

Clark

01-24-2002, 06:48 PM
stck with the shocks the'll help u with ur hieght and weight for those bumpy moments

Mity Mo
01-24-2002, 08:48 PM
Jeff, with the riding you do I would go for the shocks. The stabilizer is great for MX. For the real rough stuff at high speeds. They dont really do much at low speeds. I would have to believe with what you are riding and your weight the shocks would be way more beneficial to you. Hope that helps man. Mo:blah

400exRacerX
01-24-2002, 08:52 PM
I would definatley go for the shocks. They are one of the best handling improvements you can make on your quad. Are these the shocks I was gonna buy? If so I'm glad I didn't if they had bad seals.

patrick delao
01-25-2002, 07:23 AM
I just installed one a week ago and NEVER used one before and I love it it works at all speeds and keeps your hands from being jerked orr the bars. The shocks are the better investment but I would get the stabilizer too

TRFOXX
01-25-2002, 08:55 AM
What brand of steering stablizer do you guys recomend? Im in the market for one also and dont know what kind to get?
Pep/Muscle/Denton which ones the best?
The Pep is rebuildable and has 3 settings, dont know much about the Muscle,The Denton has 7 settings and is rebuildable. Im leaning more towards the denton. Dose anyone know which is better and why? Thanks

01-25-2002, 10:49 AM
The muscle and denton are the same I do believe either one will do the job quiet well,,but as for the topic,,shocks before the stabilizer,,both will help a bunch.

Dave400ex
01-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I`m having the same Problem. I could get a Stabilizer in a Month or Two, or I could save til next Winter and get PEP Shocks. I still don`t think I would have enough money for PEP ZPS Shocks next Winter. So what should I do?

400exRacerX
01-25-2002, 08:33 PM
If you get a job and work hard then you can get the shocks by summer time. I'm 15 and payed for my quad and everything on it,,,, how I afforded it is working my arse off.

Dave400ex
01-25-2002, 08:41 PM
I want to get a Job, but nobody around here Hires unless your 16 or older. I`m going to try and get a job on a Farm. I really want to get Shocks. Then all I need is some Strong Rims and Tires and I could hit the XC Course, Hard.

400exRacerX
01-25-2002, 08:46 PM
If you get the Denton stabilizer make sure you spend the few extra bucks and get the rebuildable one. I have the new PEP rebuildable one.

Dave400ex
01-25-2002, 08:50 PM
I want to get the New Denton Rebuildable Stabilizer. The question is, Should I just save my Money, or get the Stabilizer?

TRFOXX
01-25-2002, 09:56 PM
Who here has the Pep steering stablizer and do you like it? I can get it for $118.00. its rebuildable also. Is the Denton worth the $159.00 dollars? Any help would be great!

400exRacerX
01-25-2002, 10:08 PM
I have the PEP and its great, it doesn't have as many adjustments as the Denton and takes longer to adjust. It also mounts different than the Denton. I like it alot. If you want a pic of it let me no.

TRFOXX
01-26-2002, 09:57 PM
400exracerxwould like to see a pic of it if thats cool. Can you tell that its on there even at low speeds or just at high speeds?