PDA

View Full Version : My 416ex

Striker49
08-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Like Castor had posted saying goodbye...im saying hello.

This bike is a heck of a step up from the little bulletproof 250. :D
Still not good with the starting off thing, i keep dumping the clutch, but im getting the hang of it.
Actually went to a friends house after school and rode a little with another 416, warrior, and MX built 300. Both 416s were close, but he's geared higher...has more top end, but I can take him off the line...if I can manage not to dump the clutch...lmao.

I think its runnin a little rich, but its tight. Im gettin new Acerbis gear in (pants, gloves, jersey) this week and plan on ordering a new helmet, boots, full skids, and nerfs for the time being.

Here are the pix. Thx Castor. :D

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/striker49_2

Just have to view the low rez there for now. :)

Chef
08-13-2003, 01:28 PM
WOOHOO!! Now you arent only just a computer nerd, you're a computer nerd with a quad!! :eek: :D

Striker49
08-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Chef
WOOHOO!! Now you arent only just a computer nerd, you're a computer nerd with a quad!! :eek: :D

Funny...not :huh

Ill kik yer *** now. :mad: :blah:

mx400
08-13-2003, 01:40 PM
nice quad striker. i like. try not to rev so much. i know Rs are rev happy and the 400exs are after they get way heavily modded. that should solve you dumping the clutch problem. i never had a problem when i first got my 400ex. but i bet i will when i get my ez-pull. i rode Rs with them and them *****es are hard to get used to

Brad
08-13-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by mx400
nice quad striker. i like. try not to rev so much. i know Rs are rev happy and the 400exs are after they get way heavily modded. that should solve you dumping the clutch problem. i never had a problem when i first got my 400ex. but i bet i will when i get my ez-pull. i rode Rs with them and them *****es are hard to get used to

hehe, he had a 250EX 1st:blah:

sweet 416 i hope you love it:macho

08-13-2003, 02:13 PM
what kinda graphics are those striker?

Striker49
08-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by 93 300ex
what kinda graphics are those striker?

DMP

Thx for the clear up to Brad. :blah:

QuadJunkies
08-13-2003, 07:59 PM
CONGRADULAITIONS!!!now get of fthat computer and go ride!!!:p and get some ridin pics to brag about.........:D

08-13-2003, 08:18 PM
its about time...wait now what am i gonan bust on you for:ermm:

Striker49
08-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by freeride132
its about time...wait now what am i gonan bust on you for:ermm:

ROFLMAO. :blah:

QJ, Id be out riding, but I dont have any land and my dad doesnt want me "tearing up the yard". Plus it has that HMF on it and is a loud mofo, but it sounds good... :D We have problems with some idiot neighbors riding their fasssss 3 wheelers down the road at all hours, no helmets, no nothing...and dad doesnt like it. But he cant complain when his son is doing it to, so thats why he doesnt like me riding it round here. I told him before I bought it that I understood, but I still try to get some seat time in. Ill try to get some pix soon. :)

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Striker49

We have problems with some idiot neighbors riding their fasssss 3 wheelers down the road at all hours, no helmets, no nothing...and dad doesnt like it. But he cant complain when his son is doing it to, so thats why he doesnt like me riding it round here. I told him before I bought it that I understood, but I still try to get some seat time in. Ill try to get some pix soon. :)

your from kentucky tho...isnt that what u guys do for fun? go grab ur cousin on ur tekoty and ride down the road?

400EXrider#91
08-14-2003, 01:32 AM
sweet bike man, good luck and hope it treats you good. oh yeah its a honda not a yamaha:eek:

soul
08-14-2003, 02:46 AM
sweet quad good luck with it and have fun off the computer:D

Castor-426ex
08-14-2003, 02:49 AM
take the lid off and ride it...lol

Glow Plug
08-14-2003, 03:07 AM
Awsome striker, Your starting to give me hope now lol

Castor-426ex
08-14-2003, 03:08 AM
LMGDFAO

i got a trailblazer for sale too if YOURE interested??

jk....

anybody know where i can get a cheap dirtbike?:ermm:

Striker49
08-14-2003, 03:11 AM
LMGDAO. I wouldnt mind it if the neighbors werent drug heads and didnt steal **** all the time. :uhoh: I dont think dad would either.

Ill pull the lid tonight when I get home and see what that does. Going to see about ordering a skid too...any recommendations? Im looking for the best bang for the buck. Looking to do alot of trail riding with a decent amount of rocks.

Dennis, Ill keep an eye out for a bike. :)

400EXrider#91
08-14-2003, 06:37 AM
LMGDAO. I wouldnt mind it if the neighbors werent drug heads and didnt steal **** all the time. :uhoh: I dont think dad would either.

Ill pull the lid tonight when I get home and see what that does. Going to see about ordering a skid too...any recommendations? Im looking for the best bang for the buck. Looking to do alot of trail riding with a decent amount of rocks.

i got a ac racing heavy duty skid. yeah there tough but there still like a lil peice of tin to me. :rolleyes:

Rip_Tear
08-14-2003, 12:22 PM
You will get used to it after you start riding more! Just keep starting and stopping till you get used to it :D It took me a bit to get used to. Now I screw up riding the utility trying to use the Clutch (brakes...) and shifting into neutral....

Striker49
08-14-2003, 02:18 PM
Hey, Im gettin better...snuck some seat time in before dad yelled at me...lmao. Removed the tail light too...dont need it, I cant ride and dont ride at night anyways, lol.

My sister sux at taking pics, neither one of em understand that you cant move the digi when taking a pic... :rolleyes:

Already got the wheelies down, I was surprised. Very easy to wheelie and almost exactly like the 250 was (balance wise). With 89 octane minimum...wheelies get expensive way too fast so i wont be doing many of those...lmao.

Would it be wise to some how block off the overflow? All thats ever done that ive seen is spill gas when the quad goes above 35 degrees. :ermm:

Anyways... here's that pic...

http://www.z400central.com/upload/416_6.jpg

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 02:21 PM
Hey, Im gettin better...snuck some seat time in before dad yelled at me...lmao. Removed the tail light too...dont need it, I cant ride and dont ride at night anyways, lol.

My sister sux at taking pics, neither one of em understand that you cant move the digi when taking a pic... :rolleyes:

Already got the wheelies down, I was surprised. Very easy to wheelie and almost exactly like the 250 was (balance wise). With 89 octane minimum...wheelies get expensive way too fast so i wont be doing many of those...lmao.

Would it be wise to some how block off the overflow? All thats ever done that ive seen is spill gas when the quad goes above 35 degrees. :ermm:

Anyways... here's that pic...

i forgot to say congrats on getting the new bike....and u also said the magic word. sisters :devil:

KrazyKid300ex
08-14-2003, 02:39 PM

Congrats man. Dude buy a PRM and you will not regret it at all;) ;)

sweet300ex
08-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by KrazyKid300ex
Congrats man. Dude buy a PRM and you will not regret it at all;) ;) same thoughts here
and congrats!!

Striker49
08-15-2003, 02:02 PM
Hit the MX track today. :huh

LMAO...I didnt hit anything much, was skurry...lol. :blah:
Too dusty to do much and didnt get pix. Was still fun though.

Got my Acerbis gear in today too. :D

Thx for the grats guys. I appreciate it.

Ive still got some things I want to ask Castor and all so maybe I can get him to drive his lazy bum out here Sunday....lol.

See ya on the trails. :D

hessianmx111
08-15-2003, 03:12 PM
Hit the MX track today. :huh

LMAO...I didnt hit anything much, was skurry...lol. :blah:
Too dusty to do much and didnt get pix. Was still fun though.

Got my Acerbis gear in today too. :D

Thx for the grats guys. I appreciate it.

Ive still got some things I want to ask Castor and all so maybe I can get him to drive his lazy bum out here Sunday....lol.

See ya on the trails. :D
cool where was this track at, ive been looking to hit a few new mx tracks in ky

Striker49
08-15-2003, 03:25 PM
:ermm: Its just a small persoanlly owned track...nothing big. Mainly a dirtbike track, but quad classes are held. I wouldnt make the trip out to it just to race one weekend.

There is a MX track in Murray KY but I cant remember the name off the top of my head. Alot of the racers round here do not like it...too tight. I havent seen it though personally so I couldnt tell ya.

That wasnt very helpful, but there just isnt alot around here to ride at. :ermm: There is a TT race at Paducah International Raceway here in a month.
Round 6
Sept 12/13
Paducah Raceway

Ill be there...racing or not. :ermm:

hessianmx111
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
:ermm: Its just a small persoanlly owned track...nothing big. Mainly a dirtbike track, but quad classes are held. I wouldnt make the trip out to it just to race one weekend.

There is a MX track in Murray KY but I cant remember the name off the top of my head. Alot of the racers round here do not like it...too tight. I havent seen it though personally so I couldnt tell ya.

That wasnt very helpful, but there just isnt alot around here to ride at. :ermm: There is a TT race at Paducah International Raceway here in a month.
Round 6
Sept 12/13
Paducah Raceway

Ill be there...racing or not. :ermm:
well i ride a bike so thatd be good but i prolly wont make that far of a drive from cent. ky to west for it. ive ridden blackrock mx and i go to eastview mx alot both very good tracks.im prolly gonna hit larue county mx one day this month sounds like a good track to hit.

Castor-426ex
08-15-2003, 05:07 PM
hey some of the stuff i ordered wont be here till tuesday:(

Striker49
08-16-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Castor-426ex
hey some of the stuff i ordered wont be here till tuesday:(

You didnt order through FDR again did you? lmao.

That doest mean you cant drag yer *** out here tomorrow for some questions...lol.

Ill shoot ya a PM later. :)

Castor-426ex
08-16-2003, 05:39 AM
ask the questions in pm..i gotta go to nashville this weekend with the family and you know im really loving that lmao...

be good and careful