PDA

View Full Version : camera help

660LE
08-13-2003, 12:47 PM
i have an hitachi 8mm camcorder and the cables to hook it up to my computer, but im not sure if it possible to get the video onto my computer, im looking for a program to do it. any suggestions or if its even possible?

660LE
08-13-2003, 01:09 PM
anyone? i got lotsa quad stuff i wanna put on my computer an make it good with music ans tuff

GNCC#829
08-13-2003, 01:51 PM
I used to do that with my parents camera and my laptop computer. They were both Sony though. I am sure it can be done though.

JLanphear
08-13-2003, 02:10 PM
What type of connectors do you have? I'm guessing since it's an 8mm cam you have 3 rca connectors (yellow, white, red). If this is the case you need to have your computer set up to accept these. The best way is with a video capture card (card with video in). I'm guessing you don't have one because most computers don't.

Once you get something set up to hook the camera up is when you have to get the software. All cards or systems for capturing come with some sort of software, some good, some garbage.

For amature videos, a good program is MGI Video Wave for capturing because it has a bunch of different templates that you can choose for quality and things like that, and it's simple to use. The higher end programs have a lot more complicated settings, and one setting can totally throw it off and you can drop frames like crazy.

That's about all I know, and it's just from experimenting with this stuff a little bit. There is a ton to learn and it goes pretty deep.

The easiest way is getting a digital camcorder with a firewire setup, capture in real time without dropping any frames and the quality is a lot better. I love that set up because I'm not very bright...haha.

Hope this helps some.

-Josh

660LE
08-13-2003, 02:26 PM
i have a ati rage 128 video card. it has video in. an i have that hooked in an all the wires hooked up right. but i jsut cant get it go, im gunna try MGI program u said.

JLanphear
08-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by 660LE
i have a ati rage 128 video card. it has video in. an i have that hooked in an all the wires hooked up right. but i jsut cant get it go, im gunna try MGI program u said.

Sweet, sounds like you are set....MGI isn't the best editing program, but it's easy to capture the clips.....What I do is capture the clips using MGI and then I import them into Vegas Video for editing.

I have the ATI 128 card too for capturing...

-Josh