PDA

View Full Version : camber (right front)

bustedtire
08-13-2003, 11:58 AM
hit a tree 18" round laying across a path just around a corner (unfamiliar trail). the tree was about 4-6" off the ground below it. anyway, hit this b|tch half-way thru 3rd. pulled clutch in revved the piss out of it, let out clutch and yanked up....still couldn't get the front end all the way over it. hit so hard i sprained both wrists.

right front wheel now has negative camber (top in) without me on it. i replaced lower a-arm....no change.

anyone know if there is a week point in the suspension that is succeptable to being bent? this is pissing me off. only other guess is upper a-arm or hub assembly.

Ex'r Marlin
08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
If the rim is still true, and the camber is consistant, then I would believe you bent one of your a-arms... Or you bent your frame.:(

You should be able to visually look to see if the a-arm is bent, or you can measure the good side a-arms and see if the other side measures the same.

Sorry to hear about the mishap... Welcome to the sport of atving!:D

08-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
If the rim is still true, and the camber is consistant, then I would believe you bent one of your a-arms... Or you bent your frame.:(

You should be able to visually look to see if the a-arm is bent, or you can measure the good side a-arms and see if the other side measures the same.

Sorry to hear about the mishap... Welcome to the sport of atving!:D
marlin hit the naal on the head :)

bustedtire
08-13-2003, 02:42 PM
been in this world for awhile. had some spills....haven't we all? never got seriously hurt *knock on wood* this one just has me pissed, b/c it's nothing visuallly obvious.

both a-arms look fine. i just tried my best guess (lower arm). i'm going to measure tomorrow to make sure. worst comes to worst, i'll slot the hole for the upper a-arm and pull it out some (homemade camber kit). :D

quader400
08-13-2003, 06:22 PM
im guessing its the top a-arm because thats the one you adjust camber on. i think you should buy and new top a-arms and the problem will be solved.