PDA

View Full Version : New Tires

01-24-2002, 01:34 PM
What tires would you recomend for my 250ex? I ride in the mud and trails and am looking at maxxis sur track, or some pure sport bandits. What about the realtors? Anything you recomend I will look at. I want something that will push me in the mud but wont beat me at high speeds.How are the bear claws? If you can tel me your experences with these i would appreate it
thanks
joey

MikeL250X
01-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Come on, this has been discussed 1000 times, USE THE SEARCH button!

NJ300ex
01-24-2002, 02:04 PM
I'm not flaming but whats with all these people buying sport quads then putting big mud tires on them. Why don't these people buy utility quads that already have mud tires.

To answer your question for a mud tire that is not totally a mud tire i recommend the maxxis all traks.

01-24-2002, 02:19 PM
Well i know some people who have sur tracks on there 250ex and love them. Just preference though. My dad is waiting for the new rincon for the MUd quad!

01-24-2002, 10:22 PM
I have bearclaws on my 250ex, if u plan on doing alot of mud driving, i really suggest these....Even though they throw mud, they get u through! plus if ur in the mud, might as well get muddy:) But ya, i can keep up with 4x4's with these tires on!

phatswinn
01-25-2002, 03:55 PM
ive got both - sur tracks for my recon and bandits for my ex ... if ur doin mud and hard pack i would highly highly recommend the sur tracks.. if you have the stock rims they will round on the top like the stock ones (they still work awsome) but if you have enough money get the 22-10-11 i think for the sur tracks on rims..... the bandits are great for hard pack and somewhat wet conditions but not much deep mud but they work great on hard pack.. if i where you i would go for the sur track for the woods and mud. the alltraks are a mix between the two my moms bf has them and they work great for everthing because of the deep lugs...... hope i helped ya

01-25-2002, 10:39 PM
smaller holeshots or realotors, since they r heavier than stock, unless u hav a pipe in stuff, it will wear don ur power