PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar racing axle

08-12-2001, 12:00 AM
I just installed my lonestar racing axle on my 300ex. I really like the width of this axle, but it seems kinda weird to have my tires stick out my fenders.

max400EX
08-12-2001, 11:59 PM
keep us updated if it ever breaks or bends on you.. like a durablue

08-15-2001, 04:45 PM
Do durablue break and bend easy or what? I was goin to buy one of them but they didn't have them in the mag I ordered from.

Leo
08-15-2001, 05:03 PM
moved to the chasis forum

Leo

Dave400ex
08-15-2001, 05:40 PM
I`ve heard a lot of people say bad stuff about durablue. All axles can bend or break. I`ve always liked durablue because I like Laeger. If you run Laeger that`s the axle products everybody uses with them, it seems. A lot of the pro`s run durablue.

rydes400ex
08-15-2001, 06:05 PM
i have a quetion to ask - i race all mx and i am gitting either +2 in-burgard,houser, or krypton in aams , and i dont no if i should get a +2 or +4 lonestar axle for the rear?

08-15-2001, 06:35 PM
Well if you get a 4 inch wider axle you can adjust it so it's only 2 inches wider, how you do this is take the 1 of the spacers off.

08-16-2001, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by antipolaris
Do durablue break and bend easy or what? I was goin to buy one of them but they didn't have them in the mag I ordered from.

Most of those durablues that are breaking are over 3 or 4 years old and have been put to the test,,,I've yet to see anyone or hear of anyone putting a durablue on and going out and breaking it right away..Of all the people that I've asked that broke or bent there durablue how old the axle was they all replied,,Oh I've had it for years, meantime there hitting huge jumps every weekend, Lonestar's swingarms, a-arms, and even frames have had a bad rep about cracking but people still buy them all the time, so I dont' think they make an axle that's indistructable like everyone thinks,, if that was the case then they'd apply those smarts to their other products which seem to not be very durable. Just watch all the people that use lonestar axle's will have the same problem as durablue after many years of hard abuse,,,later