PDA

View Full Version : Stock suspension???

ghost_ryder
08-13-2003, 04:47 AM
okay...im kinda gettin into mx a lil bit and i was wondering how much pounding can the stock suspension take? the biggest jump at my track is like a 40 ft tabletop and a few 20 ft or so doubles...and when i land it hurts lol...i really dont know how high i get but when i come down sometimes it hurts...i really dont wanna buy new suspension right now cause i wanna get either the yfz or trx...so is this bad to be jumping like this or should i take it easy until i get something else?...and i know the Z has had frame problems but i see it like this if it breaks i get a new one under warranty cause i bought the warranty :D

Doibugu2
08-13-2003, 04:59 AM
You have to be careful with the warrenty. They may not cover the frame if you tell them your jumpping 40' jumps. I think other people have gotten screwed with the Z frames. I'm not sure about that.

you got all them great xc trails in your back yard, and now you want to get into MX. shake head, boy your lucky.

thumpa6x
08-13-2003, 05:02 AM
are you racing? or just playing around jumping?? stock will hold up fine but will kinda rough. turn up the compression on the rear...not much you can do for the fronts......but watch the frame jumping 40 feet:eek2: could see bad things happen there lol

ghost_ryder
08-13-2003, 05:31 AM
im just playing around at the track...i plan on racing next year but with a different quad and a lot better suspension lol

08-13-2003, 05:31 AM
I suggest not jumping anymore.. Or your gonna get stuck with a POS beat up Z...:eek: