PDA

View Full Version : choke removed question

KAWSAM62
08-13-2003, 02:12 AM
removed the choke and when i first start up cold it spits and sputters untill it warms up a little then idells fine, im using a 42 pilot does this sound lean and should i raise the needle up a click that is richin up the carb to get this sputting to stop? once warm it runs perfect!also its stk bore and compresion!;)

08-13-2003, 02:33 AM
Sounds pretty normal ta me. Cold natured beasts. remember to never tune a carb when the motor has not been warmed up..;)

XANDADA
08-13-2003, 02:40 AM
Why do you guys take the choke off? Just curious...

Doibugu2
08-13-2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
Why do you guys take the choke off? Just curious...

They claim it increases airflow because the choke blocks some of it.

Basically a little better throttle response.

cals400ex
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
are you talking about slight spuddering when the bike is cold when you are barely on the gas? if so, put the needle in the 4th position. this fixed my problem completely.

PHIL_B54
08-14-2003, 12:59 AM
in talking to the guy i got my cam from, he said take the butterfly out, sand off every sharp edge on the filter side. then put it back in and turn out the screw 3 turns and leave the stock pilot in there. he was saying that he's found the choke in there to straighten the air and aides in power.

im not saying whether this is true or not, but for as little difference i noticed by taking the butterfly off all together, im going to give er a shot.