PDA

View Full Version : rims

Mx300exRyder
08-12-2003, 07:25 PM
what is the diff in race rims and beadlocks? Do they pretty much do the same thing? I would pefer beadlocks, but if race rims are the same I may go with them, because of the price. I dont have much I can spend now because college is starting soon, and I have to pay for my tuition.

Chanman420q
08-12-2003, 07:39 PM
beadlocks have bolts that push on the bead of the tire and lock it on. hense the name Beadlocks. This keeps the tires from popping off the bead. And lets u run a little lower air pressure for more traction.

Race rings have Rind Welded on the inside of the ring to make it Stronger and prevent bending.

Mx300exRyder
08-13-2003, 10:58 AM
ok thanks for clearing that up for me

Ex'r Marlin
08-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Note: Not only do the beadlock rims cost more, they also are heavier than the "race rims".

If you find that you are bending rims, having either beadlock rims or reinforcement rings (race rims) will greatly add strength and help keep them true (round).

It is easier to mount and dismount tires using beadlock rims, but it also might be more time consuming with all the bolts.

For racing, you want to make the atv as "bullet proof" as possible, and going with the beadlocks might be the wiser choice. If you do get a flat while racing or riding, you do not have to worry about the tire coming off the bead.:) .... Allowing you to keep riding and finish the race.:macho

Good luck in college!

Mx300exRyder
08-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
Good luck in college!
I am supposed to graduate December of 04' :D so I don't have to much longer. It may have taken me 4 1/2 years for a 2 year course because of work, but it has made me a better person due to the fact that I am paying for it out of my pocket. But the rims, I will probably go with burgard because of the price. I would love to have the shamrock style, but I cant dish out that kind of money. :(

Chanman420q
08-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Mx300exRyder
I am supposed to graduate December of 04' :D so I don't have to much longer. It may have taken me 4 1/2 years for a 2 year course because of work, but it has made me a better person due to the fact that I am paying for it out of my pocket. But the rims, I will probably go with burgard because of the price. I would love to have the shamrock style, but I cant dish out that kind of money. :(

save for wat you want man, its always worth it in the long run:)