PDA

View Full Version : How does this build sound?

Bender
08-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Well my 400EX is going in the shop probably next month. Here's the skinny...426 bore 12:1, mild head port and valve job,web cam (an XC grind), K&N filter,6 degree advance key,The stock carb will be modified(not quite sure what this entails), Sparks X6 exhaust.
I'm trying to keep this around 1k-1.2K budget. The shop said this would be a great set up for aggressive trail riding and the occassional XC race. Whats anyone think about this set up?

Atreyu
08-12-2003, 06:00 PM
sounds good ... any suspension mods yet?

Bender
08-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Not yet, but soon I'm probably going to go with Works shocks, I know there not the best, but it's not like I'm a pro rider or nothing. I'd like to do some GNCC type races in the future. Mostly just for fun, to be around other cool quads. I'm sure Works are much better than my stockies?
I know you should do suspension first, but I have no complaints about my stock suspension as of now. And I was hoping when I got my EX it would have a bit more nut than it does so...

oynot400
08-13-2003, 03:17 AM
You might want to check on that timing advance key. Sparks does not recommend it on a built motor.
I got a stroker crank and piston for sale, that will work good for you if you are interested. :D

08-13-2003, 04:27 AM
sparks doesn't reccomend a key on the BIG BORE motors your timing advance key will do just fine with your eninge and give it that extra puch down low.