PDA

View Full Version : Cleanin Plastic?

400ex Racer
08-12-2003, 04:54 PM
i have a brand new 400ex ita bout 3-4 months old ...and some places on my plactic is like faded white almost like on the black where my legs r and the bottom of the back fender....is there anything i can use????i had son of a gun...it works good but its not 2 cheap i paid 8 dollars 4 a bottle of it anything cheap????

Cody
400Ex

Pappy
08-12-2003, 04:57 PM
get some mop and glo:D

EvilJester400EX
08-13-2003, 12:24 AM
I got something from my local moto shop, LP Liquid Performance. It's only $3.89 for a spray can the size of chain wax. Works awesome, plastic shines like new after you hose it off.

08-13-2003, 12:34 AM
i use $0.75 cans on engine degreaser on my whole four wheeler & it helps keep it shining. they comne in huge black cans at walmart. :scary:

08-13-2003, 04:52 AM
am i the only one here that uses aurmor-all???? it works miricales.

400ex Racer
08-13-2003, 06:16 PM
am i the only one here that uses aurmor-all???? it works miricales....

yea i use that...its aurmor-all son of a gun.....its not 2 cheap:huh its like 7 -8 bucks.....i want something cheap and that 75 cent stuff sound good... i'll have 2 try it and i'll try that Lp 2
thankz

Cody
400Ex

shamisc
08-13-2003, 06:39 PM
I'm with Pappy!! Use a good soap or cleaner, scrub it good, dry plastic off, then take a sponge and put 2-3 thin coats of Mop-N-Glo on. It'll stay shiny after washing for a month or so. When you need to re-apply, just take a little Purple Stuff on a rag and it will wipe right off!;) :cool:

toby400ex
08-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Ive heard of this stuff silkolene, but have no idea where to get it.:confused:

hessianmx111
08-14-2003, 10:27 AM
formula 2001 by turtle was kills armor all but just like armor all dust sticks to your plastic like no other. im tryin to find something that doesnt cause dust to stick and am going to try mop and glo.

Pvt. Maggot
08-14-2003, 10:44 AM
i use mothers car wax and a buffer makes it nice and shiney and lasts. :)

AndrewRRR
08-14-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by toby400ex
Ive heard of this stuff silkolene, but have no idea where to get it.:confused:

Only Silkoline I know of is the 2 stroke premix oil. I wouldn't wanna try that on the plastic!

toby400ex
08-14-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Only Silkoline I know of is the 2 stroke premix oil. I wouldn't wanna try that on the plastic! There was some guy on here a while ago and he used silkolene to shine his 250r plastic:huh

300exrider99
08-14-2003, 03:46 PM
I use foaming tire shine on my plastic and seat. It works like armor all only it lasts longer. Make sure you buy the stuff in the aerosol can then spray it on and wipe it off. It works great on tires too, just make sure that you do the tread too or it will look goofy.

Maxxed out
08-15-2003, 09:39 AM
Toby400ex is right, Silkolene makes stuff called Pro Wash. You spray it on and rinse it off.. But what I like use is Maxima's SCI to get my plastic shiny again..

stupid driver
08-15-2003, 10:54 AM
future floor wax makes your plastic look better than new. A few light coats. Dont put it on too thick or it will run. I use a sock to apply it. It really shines it like nothin else

08-15-2003, 11:27 AM
My dad manges a cleanin company and he says that mop and glo isn't good because it can yellow the plastic. He told em to use floor wax on it.

08-15-2003, 12:59 PM
so it would yellow my yellow plastic???? sounds good to me :D :macho

08-15-2003, 04:31 PM
smartass.

08-15-2003, 04:41 PM
whatever dude....for real though...it could turn my yellow plastic into a more whitish or darker yellow & I wouldnt want that to happen...that make it ugly...im gonna try the mop n' glo though & ill tell you all how it goes. :blah:

08-15-2003, 04:47 PM
im sure it won't do it the first time but after time it might start to discolor it.

TCracin440ex
08-16-2003, 03:08 AM
dude whatever u do dont put ne of them cleaing solutions on your seat...it makes it slick and will cause some serious fck ups...trust me ive done it before and i felt like an idiot....o yea if u want to keep your plastic from gettin stained....try what i do....baby oil underneath the plastic and baby oil ontop....that away when the mud hits the plastic it just slides ryte off....it doesnt stick...im not sure how that RAIN X stuff works i havnt tried that....im sure that will keep some mud from sticking to your plastics also

08-16-2003, 07:31 AM
i bet the baby oil makes it shine too thats a good hint thanks.

Chef
08-16-2003, 08:36 AM
I used mop and glo on my Fullbores like 2 months ago, and its still there. But not in a good way. Its like splotchy and looks like chit...but I am putting another coat on it tonight...lol

08-16-2003, 09:33 AM
would you reccomend moip n' glo or not? I mean, if its gonna leave a sticky gooey stuff for dust to stick too then I dont know if I want to use it.:confused2

TCracin440ex
08-16-2003, 05:44 PM
dude basically....all i can tell u....is any stuff you put on your plastic to make them shine or brighten is gonna cause dust to stick reguardlesss....its a quad not a show car or expensive cadillacs....i kno alot of ppl that love their quad more than vehicles....im 1 of them...but the plastic is designed to protect you from mud and stuff like that.....so gettin dust and mud on the plastic is basically doing its job....simple solution...dont spray ne solvent on your plastic...get a bottle of the plastic renu if the plastics are scratching or fading...it puts the shine back in it and it will last.....b/c its basically like buyin a new set of plastic and puttin on there cept its in a bottle and u apply it when your plastics are scratched....but dont apply the stuff like for every little scratch u get......wait till they accumilate then do it..

08-16-2003, 06:28 PM
well im running the mop n' glo now & I put on about 5 sets & it looks good now but ill see how easily the mud comes off tomorrow after a day of riding. :blah: I heard the plastic renew stuff is expensive & doesnt work too well & takes foreveer to put on so i dont think ill mess with that stuff. planet honda sells brand new fenders for $120.00 for front & back+shipping.

AndrewRRR
08-17-2003, 07:17 AM
Plastic renew is a PITA to put on if you want to do a good job. Basically all you are doing is taking a layer off you plastic. Buy the 3 different grit sandpapers, steel wool, a couple rags or blue shop towels, and some floor polish and there's your Plastic renew (for less than $20 most likely). It does take a long time but it can make fugly messed up plastic look nice again if you are willing to spend a few hours sanding.

firedawg805
08-18-2003, 03:42 AM
I'm in law enforcement and if it's one thing i know is getting bugs and other chit that's been stuck on there at 120 + mph off lightbars, the best thing i've found is called Scratch-X. The stuff works like magic. That's just my 2 cents.

TGW_400ex
08-18-2003, 04:09 AM
Some of my friends use Pledge furnature cleaner and they say it works really good and perfer it over Armor-All.

JabberJaw
08-18-2003, 05:20 AM
After using Mop-N-Glo, and Future floor wax, which works excellent, I started looking around for other ideas... I stopped at the auto parts store and asked if they had any plastic clear coat... they gave me some spray paint that was clear...

I tried it out on the plastic area that covers the gas tank.... the peice that you have to unscrew the gas cap to remove..

It's been on there for a year now and looks just as good as the rest of the bike when I use Mop-N-Glo on it...

stupid driver
08-18-2003, 05:28 AM
if you dont want mud to stik to your quad after u put some type of floor wax on it, do what i do. Put a coat of silicone cleaner on after you put the mopnglo or future on. I do it, and it works quite well. ;)