PDA

View Full Version : Places to ride in ILLINOIS or IOWA

erichsen18
08-12-2003, 04:29 PM
i live near the mississippi river in colona illinois. I live in the quad cities if anyones ever heard of it. I was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere to ride at in these places. Im lookin for places no longer than 2 hours away or so. Anyone know of anythign hit me up... thanks alot!

Slayer
08-14-2003, 02:53 AM
I live in Davenport and usually go riding in waterloo at there atv park. Its just under 2 hours from my house and is a great place to ride. They have a couple of MX tracks with some awseome jumps(if your into that)and some really good trails. Then there is another park in Oskaloosa and that place is the s**t. There is nothing that place dosent have no matter what you like to ride but it's a little bit of a drive(about 3 hours).You can check out all the riding areas in Iowa at iowaohv.com. One suggestion i can make to you is to join the two rivers atv club. They are a good club for this area and put on rides all the time. Oh i forget to mention that the parks in Iowa do require your quad to be registered so im not sure how that would work for you being from Ill. The president of the two rivers atv club would no more about that. You can reach him at 563-326-4344 and his name is Dave.

08-14-2003, 03:20 PM
midwest off-road is a nice place.its about 30 miles away from burlington.they dont require registration.also in kahoka missouri there is another track at mike burkhardts.

08-15-2003, 12:17 AM
any tracks near the north-east border of illinois or gary indiana?

BigThumper33
08-15-2003, 05:39 AM
There are tracks in Sully, Winterset, Cedar Rapids, Waterloo, Marne, and sometimes Malvern Iowa. I go to some of those.

I hear those riding parks you guys mentioned are the ****. The park in Council Bluffs Iowa sucks...don't go.

erichsen18
08-15-2003, 09:16 AM
does anyone know of just any old trails through some woods on backroads or something in iowa or illinois preferable close to the quad cities?

DREWS400EX
08-15-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by erichsen18
does anyone know of just any old trails through some woods on backroads or something in iowa or illinois preferable close to the quad cities?

I'm only half an hour from the quad cities and cant find a place to ride without people shooting at me:eek2: The bad part is my dad owns a couple thousand acres of farmland and woods, and the poeple shootin at me are on his land:mad:

veddersbetter
08-17-2003, 09:20 PM
If you like MX tracks try Sunset Ridge in Walnut IL. It is a GREAT mx track ...wednesdays are open days and some saturdays. Call ahead to make sure..its about an hour maybe hour and a half from you....definitely worth it.
A bunch of my friends and I may be renting it out soon...Ill keep ya posted :)

veddersbetter
08-20-2003, 09:30 AM
Anyone ride at " Fox Valley Offroad" in Ottawa?

400exmom
08-20-2003, 01:14 PM
i ride there all the time - and race i have hmmmm 3 2nd place and 2 1st place plagues on my kitchen wall from there! WAHOO tell wardy kim says hi and watch him smile and shake his head!!:devil: www.megacross.com is the webpage fox valley has a link of info on the bottom page-

veddersbetter
08-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Hows the track there? Would it be a good idea to bring along trail tires? Or are the trails pretty well groomed and level?
Thanks!!! If we can get them to open we may ride down there tomorrow! :)

veddersbetter
08-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Helpful link for places to ride in Illinois
http://www.motoxschool.com/tracksillinois.htm

400exmom
08-20-2003, 03:11 PM
the track is not thats great but there are a variety of things on it whoops doubles and a tabletop that i cant get enough of- trails - there great- lotsa hills and winding trails definatly trail tires wardys place has eatin 3 of my tires in them woods- (mx tires) i love it out there and go at least 1 time a month- i dont think youd be disappointed- there's lotsa good people there too! have fun i wish i could go- snif snif

dirtriderex
08-20-2003, 03:52 PM
I thought I heard that fox valley has plans to build a better mx track?

400exmom
08-20-2003, 04:55 PM
that would be sweet- i told wardy he needs to build a freestyle jump off to the side- he always replys to my questions but he never got back w/ me on that one

dirtriderex
08-21-2003, 04:05 PM
I heard about a mx track in a review on the internet about a whole buch of tracks in Illinois. But I do not know the site. Are you going to casey?

400exmom
08-21-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
I heard about a mx track in a review on the internet about a whole buch of tracks in Illinois. But I do not know the site. Are you going to casey? of course im goin to casey ryan im torgued that there isnt a race this weekend...grr;)

veddersbetter
08-25-2003, 12:14 PM
Anyone going to Mt Carroll this weekend..They have open ride sat and sun...From what Ive heard its an awesome track...comparable to Pistoles(Sunset Ridge) but longer. He also has a couple thousand watt stereo system blastin out tunes while ya ride :)
http://www.mcmotopark.com/
Im not 100% sure if you need an AMA card or not to ride on playdays?

veddersbetter
09-03-2003, 07:37 AM
Hey everyone...Ive ridden here a couple times this year and from what I hear from everyone it improves a little all the time. Its a small park but worth the 30 minutes drive for me. If anyones close you should give it a try....$10 and $5 membership fee. All the revenue goes to more land.......they have a great area to expand...All the info is at thier website

www.kitracksatv.com

ILGNCC400EX
09-03-2003, 01:44 PM
D---a---m----n U guys all live too far north!
if u wanna come to the other end of the state I can can hook u up wit some killer riding.!! We can ride for 2 days and never be on
the same trail twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veddersbetter
09-03-2003, 07:22 PM
follow the link to see some pics of Mt Carroll track...sweet track with a couple crazy downhills and tons more than u can see from pics...1.2 mile long track.
Had some fun there today :)
(sorry for the ****ty pics...can see the downhills in background though)
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/veddersbetter/lst?.dir=/Mt+Carroll&.view=t

Moto440
09-03-2003, 07:41 PM
www.galesburgmc.com That is my home track. It is a pretty rough mx track. www.sunsetridgemx.com is a really good track. One of the best I have ever been to. The best is real close to you though. Coal Valley www.tricitym-c.com that track rocks. These are all pretty much mx tracks though. No trail riding really

veddersbetter
09-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Been to sunset lately Moto? We try to make it as often as possible. Just an AWESOME track

Moto440
09-04-2003, 05:22 AM
I went Saturday. Were you there?

DREWS400EX
09-04-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Moto440
www.galesburgmc.com That is my home track. It is a pretty rough mx track.
Hey moto I live about 3 miles from that track. Ive never seen the track, but I use to hillclimb there with my yz125. Where are you from? Do you trail ride much around here?

Moto440
09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
I live in Abingdon right now, but I am in the process of moving to Galesburg. I am going to live right across from the camp area at Lake Story. I ride all the time, but I only ride mx.

veddersbetter
09-04-2003, 10:50 AM
I wish I was there saturday..I went Sunday and it was MudFest...There was alot of people there and the track was just tore up bad. Was still a good time with alot of Ex's and Rs out there

rojorider530
09-14-2003, 07:38 PM
i live in dubuque, IA and me and some friends race at byron, IL its a pretty cool track. we also go to the waterloo, IA park... that is an awesome place to ride for the mx track , jumps and just to practice mx and lots of tralis . if any one is ever intrested about ridin sometime e mail me crazylegs530@yahoo.com

zfire_28
09-18-2003, 02:23 AM
we got to check out that Byron track Vedder;)

400exmom
09-18-2003, 05:52 AM
i want to go check that place out akso

Moto440
09-18-2003, 07:11 AM
I am real game for having a ride anytime you folks would like to. Galesburg has had its last mx race, so I can use the track anytime, because I am a member there. I would also go anywhere else. Let me know.

Scott-300ex
09-20-2003, 10:32 PM
hey, i live in southwestern IL

i live about 20 minutes below St. Louis in Waterloo

i ride at st. joe state park in mossuri when i can, its also known as flat river

if anyone live's near me or knows places to ride near me tell me and that would be great

Carl Nevins
09-21-2003, 01:33 PM
i raced a hs at little egypt off road last weekend and it was a rough track, i finished 4th in quad,the trails look very good the only difference is no sand but if your not into sand drags who cares. they are open on the weekends for open riding or you can buy a membership and go any timei it is in crab orchard, illinois near carbondale, wich is about 2 1/2 hours from Alton.

veddersbetter
01-09-2004, 03:23 PM
Heres Sunset Ridge MX park in Walnut IL.....great track for quads!
check here for schedule!
www.sunsetridgemx.com
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid98/pa95f4772a1e175a76bf101608542a270/fa01aa23.jpg

01-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by veddersbetter
follow the link to see some pics of Mt Carroll track...sweet track with a couple crazy downhills and tons more than u can see from pics...1.2 mile long track.
Had some fun there today :)
(sorry for the ****ty pics...can see the downhills in background though)
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/veddersbetter/lst?.dir=/Mt+Carroll&.view=t

I've raced at Galesburg a couple of times last year. What do you ride, I may have raced you there? My number is 705 and I was either on a Blue 440ex or a Red YZ426 Quad. I love Galesburgs track. Especially that huge double and tabletop. How about that new start gate? My YZ walked everybody else! I bet that is a 200-300 yard start before the first turn.

BlasterEaten250
11-19-2005, 07:47 AM
does anybody hae any pictures of the fox valley trails? I went on the site and there really isn't much talk about there trails let alone pictures.

Night-rider
11-25-2005, 03:40 PM
So,,,,,,i see there is alot of ppl form illinois,,,that ride...so what place do u all think is the best place to ride,..for trail riding...Brrrr its getting cold...

Scott-300ex
11-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Wow, I didn't know this was so old.

St. Joe State Park, you guys make the date.

Unless you all want to meet at my house, LoL, my 3/4 of an acre.

DREWS400EX
11-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Brushy ridge in Astoria is the best place for trail riders and hillclimbers. The place is pretty big too.

Unverfehrt400ex
11-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Im up for ridin at st joe's. I love that place. its about 2 hours from me. let me know if ya ever wanna go there Scott-300ex

11-26-2005, 05:28 PM
Brushy Ridge is THE Best place I've ever been for trail riding. And beleive me, I've been a lot of places!

watts16
11-26-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah astoria is AWESOME but did some damage to my quad. i loved the hills though. i was about 10 feet from the top and i had to bail. smashed a tree. they have a nice mx track also when its maintained

Scott-300ex
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Unverfehrt400ex
Im up for ridin at st joe's. I love that place. its about 2 hours from me. let me know if ya ever wanna go there Scott-300ex

Alright, thats cool, and we'll get James Z400ridr, and randy Punk'd to go too, and anyone else.

Do you want to wait till the weather gets warm next year?

We could all plan an exriders ride there like 3 months in advance.

St. Joe is 1 1/4 hours from me, we can make it in an hour though because on 67 and 55, we keep up with traffic doin 100. LoL

Sounds good to me and I would be excited for it, so eveyone:

St. Joe

Whenever the date gets made up.

Unverfehrt400ex
11-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeh im up for it. the cold weather dont bother me i know a few people i can bring so just let me know whenever you feel like goin

11-27-2005, 10:28 AM
I've seen 2 quads go up the two steep hill climbs just under the railroad bridge! Those are some sick hillclimbs. I want to go ride up there sometime soon, I just wish the track was maintained more. And everytime I go it's too muddy to bring out my CRF

DREWS400EX
11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by ab****
I've seen 2 quads go up the two steep hill climbs just under the railroad bridge! Those are some sick hillclimbs. I want to go ride up there sometime soon, I just wish the track was maintained more. And everytime I go it's too muddy to bring out my CRF
I rolled my raptor down one of those hills. Thats the first place Im going when I go back.

ubnpast
11-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey Ab****! Drew, I live in galesburg too. Whenever you guys want to go to Astoria, I'M THERE!!! I was gonna go Sunday, but the rain changed my plans. I have been up the first hill immediately after the train bridge a few times, if that's the one you're talking about. The other ones on down, I won't even attempt. Last time I went they had barbed wire along the creek bank so you couldn't ride a quad back to those hills. There is just enough room to ride a bike thru very carefully. I don't know if they did that for the winter, to keep the quads from getting hurt or what.

Eric
450R

11-28-2005, 09:01 PM
let me know next time you are going and maybe we can meet up.

11-29-2005, 08:27 PM
I got your check today. They should be done by the end of the week, I'm still waiting on the shims to come in.

priebo15
01-14-2006, 07:14 PM
midwest park near montrose iowa... theres a park in loraine that i just went to today.

priebo15
01-16-2006, 10:11 AM
aftermath of loraine on saturday:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/5330/mud0021sn.th.jpg (http://img477.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mud0021sn.jpg)

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/2158/mud0010bw.th.jpg (http://img482.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mud0010bw.jpg)

01-16-2006, 11:38 AM
If anyone is interested MidWest Motorcross Inc. in Chandlerville, IL has been getting about 60 riders the last couple of Sundays. He's been working on the track and changing some stuff around. It's the best place to go after a rain because of all the sand. If you've never been there it has about a 1 mile or more MX track with LOTS of Big jumps that are perfect for quads. They are all doable on a quad because I've jumped them all last weekend. The woods riding is awesome too with a nice creek to ride down and plenty of hills for all types of ability.

ubnpast
01-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Is that the same place as Henson's? I'm trying to get some local people to go down to Astoria this weekend.

priebo15
01-16-2006, 05:56 PM
sounds like i might have to make a trip to chandlerville here pretty soon.

01-16-2006, 06:03 PM
No this is not http://www.hensonsmotorcross.com This is located on the Chandlerville/Oakford blacktop. If you like big jumps, then this place is for you. It's not as big as Astoria, but they have pretty good hills here too.

yfzmotox68
01-21-2006, 02:37 PM
i wouldnt degrade my quad to go to astorias track. that place is the biggest freakin dump in the world. its the worst track ive ever ridden on. THEYVE NEVER HEARD OF MAINTENANCE

the last time i rode at chandlerville was about 2 years ago and it wasnt even a complete track:huh they must of really changed it up.

yfzmotox68
01-21-2006, 02:43 PM
there is a practice track in smithfield, il. its awsome, the guy works and waters the hell outta it on sat. and sun. it wont be open again until march, but its worth goin to. its a national style track and its smooth. it aint like ever other $hit track in central illinois. ill get back to this post this post later on and let you guys know when its open and you can head down and give it a try. its by far the nicest practice track around.

01-21-2006, 07:17 PM
hey YFZMOTOX, let me know next time you are going riding and maybe we can meet up at chandlerville or at the new Pekin, IL track. I heard about the smithfield track, but haven't been there yet. You'll love the Chandlerville track if you like larger jumps.

yfzmotox68
01-21-2006, 07:42 PM
andy its me randy, i hate chandlerville, last time i rode there it wasnt even complete and i crashed and my helmet got ripped off and broke my nose, fractured my skull and fu**ed up my back. it might be alright now if theyve done some work to it. i hate sand though, especially if there is a ton of it. you guys need to come to a real track this spring, smithfield is the place to go. hopefully he has changed it up alittle. dude you guys gotta get away from hensons and chandlerville

01-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Have you been up to Pekin yet? I drove by there and it looked like a sweet track. I think there are 3 tracks up there. I'm usually limited on time to ride so that's why I try and stay close to home.

yfzmotox68
01-22-2006, 07:41 AM
no, i didnt konw they had a track in pekin. ill be up that way this week so ill check it out. i hope it isnt the one just up the road from the pekin powerhouse, if so he better of did major changes cause i went there a few years ago and that dude and his track was a crock. he had like 5 foot doubles and 10 foot tables.

if you seen it and thought it looked decent, it has to be better than what it was.

man smithfield isnt that far for you, you guys gotta come up there for a day this spring, its awsome

watts16
01-22-2006, 01:50 PM
hey YFZMOTOX, let me know next time you are going riding and maybe we can meet up at chandlerville or at the new Pekin, IL track. I heard about the smithfield track, but haven't been there yet. You'll love the Chandlerville track if you like larger jumps.

let me know when you go to the pekin track. I live about 5 minutes from it. He maintains the big track really well. I talked to him the other day and he said he was going to put in a watering system. They have some good doubles there also. They have a small small track for the little kids. Then they have a another track that is mostly tables.. real easy track. The one across the creek is awesome when its not to dusty or muddy. Heres a pic of one of the jumps

watts16
01-22-2006, 01:54 PM
in the begining of this video there are some clips of the pekin track.

He added some bigger doubles. you can see them in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHmv4juypc8

ubnpast
01-22-2006, 02:02 PM
Cool video. It looks like I'm gonna have to get over to Pekin sometime. I'm not a MX pro like the rest of you, nor am I in half the shape you guys are in, but I'd still have fun!

Eric
04 450R

01-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna have to go to Pekin now too. Let me know when you guys are going next and I'll try to be there. My CRF should be back together this week if my head gets back in time. And if I don't have a lot of customer work to catch up on.

watts16
01-22-2006, 03:31 PM
the track probable wont be open until we get a couple weeks of dry sunny weather because its really sloppy right now.. its way to soft. All the trails are open though and he said he plans to buy some more land on the other side of the road.

01-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Let us know when it's open and riding conditions are favorable and I'll be up hitting everything.

watts16
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
ok I will. Is there a place over by quincy called rockport?

01-23-2006, 06:00 AM
Yes, but there isn't a track and they don't have much for big hills. It's a good place for 4x4's and Jeeps

watts16
01-23-2006, 03:57 PM
Yes, but there isn't a track and they don't have much for big hills. It's a good place for 4x4's and Jeeps

Ok because west illinois riding club had a group ride at astoria. And they told us about it.

01-23-2006, 06:22 PM
I was there that day too. I wish they would come back again.

the Z Man
01-23-2006, 06:58 PM
there is an awsome ohv park in okaloosa ia just 10 miles west of bussy iowa, it has 2 sweet mx tracks and lots and lots of great trails, i strongly reccomend going there, it is for registered vehicles only though so be aware, reply for directions. z

watts16
01-23-2006, 07:29 PM
is bussy by desmoines. i kno on the way to desmoines i think there is a track near the interstate (I80). And a little farther down the road you can see some trails on the side of the road. You can see where people went up and turned around at the top.

the Z Man
01-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Bussey is about an hour and a half from DesMoines, the trails you see by 80 are ones we made, totally illegal to ride there but pretty fun,,

watts16
01-23-2006, 08:14 PM
o ok. How do i get there coming from the quad cities area.

ubnpast
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
Greg, I'm not positive, but I think you'd want to catch 34 west from here in Galesburg. At least, that's the way that looks shortest to me.

dustinracin14
01-24-2006, 02:02 PM
If you want some challenging tracks to race xc go to unitedoffroadracing.com
I have been racing with that series for 3 years. Nothing better around.