PDA

View Full Version : Tried New Lectron Carb on 250R

sylvan56473
08-12-2003, 08:45 AM
I installed a new 40mm Lectron Carb on my 250R last night. The 250R is a basic race motor built to a 262 that used to have a stock carb that was taper bored. I was worried that the 40mm would be too big but WOW this carb flat out hauls @ss! It only has one jet (which is for the power-jet) and the needle is used to tune everything else. No more changing jets at all. Just turn the needle and let her rip. 4 stars from me!

flyin#5
08-12-2003, 09:00 AM
:cuss: i only want one jet:grr: :blah:

AndrewRRR
08-12-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by sylvan56473
I installed a new 40mm Lectron Carb on my 250R last night. The 250R is a basic race motor built to a 262 that used to have a stock carb that was taper bored. I was worried that the 40mm would be too big but WOW this carb flat out hauls @ss! It only has one jet (which is for the power-jet) and the needle is used to tune everything else. No more changing jets at all. Just turn the needle and let her rip. 4 stars from me!

Running alky I take it? I didn't know they only used 1 jet.

sylvan56473
08-13-2003, 04:22 AM
I am running 110 Race gas with it. The only jet that the Lectron has is for the powerjet. What this is for is at full throttle the powerjet sucks gas from the bowl and sends it back into the carb. There is no main jet, just a needle that you turn.

AndrewRRR
08-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Oh, interesting. I know most other carbs run a pilot, needle, main like usual then if they are converted to alky they have a powerjet added since alky demands more fuel than most mains can supply. If I convert to alky i'll probably get a lectron. Right now I have a CNC'd 40.5mm Keihin PWK.

sylvan56473
08-13-2003, 02:58 PM
www.lectronfuelsystems.com check it out. Very interesting. I will be racing with the new carb on Friday night. The people that I usually race against are big bores (330 LRD, 330 ESR, 310CT, and a pretty wicked Banshee) that always beat me out of the hole. I want to see what kind of a differnce this thing makes. I will let you know.

AndrewRRR
08-14-2003, 01:47 PM
That site is pretty cool. I didn't know how different Lectrons were! I'll definately be using one when I go to alcohol. I was planning on it anyway since my engine builder uses lectrons exclusively on his alky bikes.

sylvan56473
08-14-2003, 01:55 PM
Sweet! It blew my mind when I saw how the Lectron's actually work. My mechanic has been trying to talk me into one for the last year but I just didn't understand how this carb could be so good. I almost bought an AirStriker but I'm glad I didn't.

sylvan56473
08-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Well, I ran the new carb last night and I actually pulled the holeshot in the heatrace and had no problem holding on for the lead. The biggest difference I felt was coming out of the corners. For some reason the carb produces smoother power and it would just hook up and RIP! In the main event I came out of the hole in 2nd (LRD 330 beat me), but I was able to run on the rear tires of the 330 the whole way and I actually had better acceleration than him in the tight corners. The throttle response was awesome. The carb was bobbling in the whoops though and we need to reset the float level. Otherwise, this thing works great. I had people asking me if I threw in a 310 kit, it made that much of a differnce! And this motor hasn't been rebuilt for almost 1 1/2 years, it's lost so much compression that I can kick start it sitting down and I only weigh 145:eek2: