PDA

View Full Version : beadlocks and tires

honda250xrider
08-12-2003, 06:49 AM
i just got my beadlocks and tires today. I was wondering if you have to take it to a shop and have them put the tire on for you or if you can do this yourself? I did try and do this myself but i couldnt get the tire on the rim, any help you guys could give me would be great!. thanks
lance

LERaptor660R
08-12-2003, 08:56 AM
I did it myself jsut pick up some tire spoon's and work it on the rim put the bead lock on and air it up till the other side pop's on if it's a single bead lock.

If it a dual beadlock jsut work on it to get the rim in the middle of the tire then put the ring's on,

jsut make shure to like up the rim's with the bead before you put the ring's on.

It's not real hard.

hollywood43
08-13-2003, 01:58 AM
I just got some front beadlocks and holeshots. I just took a spray bottle fully of dish soap and water. I sprayed the bead of the tire and the inside/outside lip of the wheel. A little pressure downward and a twist the tire went right on. Then I clamped down the beadlock so that it wouldn't leak. To seat the bead, pull the valve out of the stem and fill it up. It'll seem like it's taking forever but then the bead should pop right on. Just make sure that you spray down the tire/wheel real good where you want the bead to seat.

Ex'r Marlin
08-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I too agree about you doing it yourself.

The first thing I did was remove the excess rubber on the inside of the tire bead. I used a razor blade to shave the excess off.

Make sure if any of the tires are directional, you set it up right before you mount them!

I use petroleum jelly to coat the rim and tire bead. I have heard of using soapy water, but I have never tried it. I heard you can even use WD-40. Anyway, which ever you use, it will make mounting them soo much easier!;)

Good luck!:)

LERaptor660R
08-13-2003, 03:11 PM
when I got my hiper's the direction's said to sue dish soap, or WD40.

My friend own's a tire shop and he use's dish soap and water.

It help's to get the tire on ans seat the bead.