PDA

View Full Version : sloppy shifting on the 250- time to adjust clutch?

ryanh250ex
08-12-2003, 02:16 AM
lately i've been having some trouble shifting on my 250. i'm thinking that the clutch needs to be adjusted in the front of the motor. would you guys agree on this? when it stalls (jetting problem) it takes alot of downshifting and rocking side to side to get it to neutral.

on a previous ride not so long ago i shifted up and i heard a metal on metal "cling" and right when i heard it i said "ah, ****, that cant be good"

the machine has about 47 hours on it and has been maintained well for the most part. i usually shift very quickly and occasionally i hold the throttle in while shifting.so i am pretty hard on the clutch.

is the clutch in need of an adjustment, or is the clutch toast?

thanks in advance,
Ryan

brokeitin3
08-12-2003, 03:18 AM
A very high idle speed could be a problem also. I think the manual says idle at 1500rpm. On most honda auto tranny models the clutch engages at 1400rpm. And you dont have enough hours on to toast it yet. Anyhow the adjustment on the front of the engine has nothing to do with the change clutch, it only adjusts the primary drive clutch.

ryanh250ex
08-14-2003, 01:12 AM
i rode for 3 hours yesterday after adjusting the e clip to the 4th groove the night before (it was on 5th groove previously). the stalling problem was gone and the shifting both up and down is better, it seems like. thanks.

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 04:38 AM
47 hrs and how many minutes? the minutes is crucial in situations like these. u also need to jet it for a few weeks and post every single change and how u did it in complete detail for help

4wheelboy
08-14-2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by ryanh250ex
i rode for 3 hours yesterday after adjusting the e clip to the 4th groove the night before (it was on 5th groove previously). the stalling problem was gone and the shifting both up and down is better, it seems like. thanks.

lmao i rode for lik a hour and a half. the track suked:mad:

ryanh250ex
08-14-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
47 hrs and how many minutes? the minutes is crucial in situations like these. u also need to jet it for a few weeks and post every single change and how u did it in complete detail for help

look, i dont need problems from you. if you're gonna help out, fine. but if not......leave.

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 12:12 PM
waaooh calm down there tough guy i was trying to help....now how many minutes and what kind of jetting :cool:

ryanh250ex
08-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
waaooh calm down there tough guy i was trying to help....now how many minutes and what kind of jetting :cool:

have fun dealing with the moderators, mike.

bansheeguy77
08-14-2003, 12:53 PM
i will ryan, i always enjoy talking to them, ryan, me pappy and guy are homedawgs ryan :cool: