PDA

View Full Version : Install Help On New Cam

KAWSAM62
08-12-2003, 01:08 AM
the manual calls for the lobs on the new cam to be koted with a molybdenum oil for break in , anyone know were to get this oil or does anyone know of a substitute that will work as good thats readily available. ;)

YZROOSTINYA
08-12-2003, 02:57 AM
just use 20w.50 motor oil

just dump it all over the cam when installing it and after putting on the valve cover

gojk
08-12-2003, 09:17 AM
Make sure if you use the oil to dump it on right before you crank the motor or all of it will run off.

The lube they ask for is very hard to find. I just got the normal stuff from checker and it works fine. It says it will make the clutch slip but I didn't have any trouble with it.

MIKE400EX
08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Most every auto parts store or automotive machine shop sells it. Ask for assembly lube. Liberally coat the cam lobes - but don't pour the entire bottle in the engine.

KAWSAM62
08-13-2003, 12:53 AM
i found that type of moly in a assemble lube that napa sells,all went well and i ran in the cam last night on a seperate note does anyone have there choke removed? when it first starts up the engine pops a little then when it warms up a little smooths out and idells fine, it did this before the cam install so its not related to that,i figure its a hair lean on the pilot im using a 42 or would raising the needle one notch help?thats richening the needle!;)

gojk
08-13-2003, 05:04 AM
Just try adjusting the air/fuel screw