PDA

View Full Version : 300ex important question? Please Help.

super_man37366
08-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Well I finally got me a 300ex. I bought it used but man was it in good shape and looked as if it never had been rode. But now comes the complication when I bought it he said he installed dyno jets. Well about a week after I purchased a K&N airfilter which I run with the airbox lid on. So far that is all I have done. And I havent never even rode a 300ex before besides mine but man this thing runs GOOD. So heres is my question. I want more top end I mean I got to have it. and I know by messing around with the sprockets I can accomplish that BUT NOW ON A LONG STRAIGHT MY REV LIMITER IS SHUTTING ME DOWN IS THIS NORMAL?????? B/c I know I cant be running but maybe maybe 58-59 I guess.. I mean I am kinda pissed off... PLease help me.. PLease:mad:

toby400ex
08-11-2003, 04:00 PM
56 is supposed to be the top speed for the 300ex, but you could get a 36 or 34 tooth rear sprocket or a 14 tooth front sprocket and gain some top end, but u might not ever get to top speed if the gearing is too high

danney f
08-11-2003, 08:21 PM
Iv'e got 14 up front and 36 in the rear and I have been clocked at a little over 65 on a flat black top. Could do more, the power is there, just hits the revlimiter.:(

sparks400
08-11-2003, 08:30 PM
exactlly what danny said just get a rev limiter, my friend has one and he hits thta thing just about evertime we race or just ride, i never hit mine, ive tried but havent :devil: