PDA

View Full Version : Rim size 8 and 9

MotoLappa
08-11-2003, 12:56 PM
I have a set of 20X11X9 rims and Razo tireson my Quad now, I just bought a set of 8 inch bead locks. I am going to put 20X11X8 holeshots on them. How much of a difference is a 8 inch rim to a 9? Is this going to be better, worse or same? How much differance in height?

Chanman420q
08-11-2003, 02:36 PM
the rim wont effect ride height

Texan32
08-11-2003, 02:49 PM
about the only thing you will gain is maybe a softer ride. The extra inch of sidewall is just more rubber to absorb bumps.

about the only thing you will loose is a little bit of handling in the corners. With the extra sidewall, the tire will roll side to side a little easier.

both of these are very minor changes. You might not even notice either one. The thing you WILL probably notice is the look. The smaller rim looks a little funny at first... it does to me anyways....

Ex'r Marlin
08-13-2003, 01:09 PM
The 8" rim will also be stronger than the 9" rim. Less likely to get flat spots.

I never thought about the appearance of them until Texan32 mentioned it... LOL's:)

MotoLappa
08-13-2003, 02:04 PM
EX'r Marlin I am also a member of Tower City. Do you ever race harescrambles at Flying Dutchmen? I will be at Tower this sunday on my EX440. I have number 72 on it. I will be riding with a group of six or seven. If you are up there and need someone to ride with let me know.

Ex'r Marlin
08-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Since you got 8" rims, I figured you race MX at Flying Dutchmen. I do race Flying Dutchmens Hare Scramble races when they have them.:cool:

I also ride Tower City from time to time. Unfortunately, my days are numbered, and I will be spending a lot of time going to Arizona for weeks at a time until I make the move. :(

Anyway, I will keep an eye out for you. Good luck with your new rims and tires, and at racing!:)

Note: I plan to be at Rausch Creek this Sunday for a hare scramble race.