PDA

View Full Version : I think im running lean

WhiteZee
08-11-2003, 12:10 PM
i was told in another thread that i need to adjust my mixture screw on the bottom of my carb, but there is only a bolt on the bottom of my carb, do i have to remove my whole carb in order to adjust the mixture?? could someone please show me a picture of the screw, and which way i turn it to richen the mixture up.

i also would like to know what jetting i shoud be running??? i have a k&n air filter, and a universal super trapp exaust ( using stock pipe)
by the way, i have a 2k 300ex.

thank you

Fuchs42
08-11-2003, 01:49 PM
remove the carb, the air screw is the one thats sunken in or out a little bit just below the air port going in to the engine side of the carb. turn it out like 1/2 screw?

chad502ex
08-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
i was told in another thread that i need to adjust my mixture screw on the bottom of my carb, but there is only a bolt on the bottom of my carb, do i have to remove my whole carb in order to adjust the mixture?? could someone please show me a picture of the screw, and which way i turn it to richen the mixture up.

i also would like to know what jetting i shoud be running??? i have a k&n air filter, and a universal super trapp exaust ( using stock pipe)

thank you

White,..

Check out my website for carburator adjustments under "Carb Chart" in "TechTalk". It might help you in dialing in your thumper and provide a little background on carburation. Hope this helps.

Oh, BTW, my website is http://www.chad502ex.com

Chad502EX.com

WhiteZee
08-11-2003, 03:37 PM
thank you all for the replys, so i do have to remove the carb to adjust the mixture??? the seems like an extremely poor design.

cals400ex
08-11-2003, 07:24 PM
you don't need to remove the carb to adjust the fuel skrew. the skrew is on the bottom of the carb. it is probally a bronze color. it will need to be adjusted with a flat blade skrewdriver. it may be hard to see or get too if you don't take the carb off.

WhiteZee
08-12-2003, 05:22 AM
thank you, no one has told me the correct jetting?

cals400ex
08-12-2003, 07:39 AM
what exact mods do you have and what is the stock mainjet size on a 300ex?

WhiteZee
08-12-2003, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
i dont know what stock jetting is, cna someone please help me

cals400ex
08-12-2003, 06:56 PM
when you say using stock pipe, i assume mean stock header?? i would go up two sizes on the mainjet. you could also turn the fuel skrew 1/2 turn out or so from stock.