PDA

View Full Version : is the honda manual better than clymer?

cals400ex
08-11-2003, 03:26 AM
i was not sure what manual to buy. most people say to buy the honda manual but i don't know the differences between the two. are their any differences? thanks

Geoff Thomas
08-11-2003, 03:27 AM
Get the Honda manual. As a motorcycle tech. that is what we have at the shop to use and the Honda manuals are hands down the best of any manufacturer that I have seen.

flyin#5
08-11-2003, 04:39 AM
well we have 2 honda's (older ones) and we have some new honda manuels for them. i havea clymer one for my blaster. the clymer one is hands down WAY better than the honda ones we have. it gives you every little instruction. like the honda ones it tells you to "take this apart".... well HOW!!?! the clymer one tells you how.

PHIL_B54
08-11-2003, 05:27 AM
ive never seen the clymer, but i love my honda one, a very good investment.

i dont know and im not flaming, but do the clymer manuals have torque specs on all the bolts, or tolerances for all the parts? like cylinder runout, of roundness

airheadedduner
08-11-2003, 05:49 AM
I have had both manuals for my R. The factory honda manual was way better. The clymer had several bad errors in it, don't try to put an R tranny together going by the clymer enless you don't mind a 4 speed. The honda is easier to understand and is more detailed.

knighttime
08-11-2003, 06:41 AM
The HONDA manual is far far superior.:scary:

Chanman420q
08-11-2003, 06:43 AM
just get both to keep each other in check:scary:

wilkin250r
08-11-2003, 10:10 AM
I have NEVER seen or heard of any shop using Clymer instead of the Honda manual.

ewalker302
08-11-2003, 08:53 PM
I have both mauals, Honda, and Clymer.

If I had to choose I would get the clymer.

They both have good pic's & illustrations, but the clymer definitley makes things easier to understand.

The Honda manual does have a lot of helpful cutaway drawings tho.

You wont go wrong with either one.
They both are good manuals.

I just know that if I could only have 1 it would be the clymer.
If you keep on the lookout you can probably find one on e-bay.
I got mine from dennis kirk for $26.99.
:bandit: