PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Cleaning

TCracin440ex
08-10-2003, 09:00 PM
ok here is the situation...i just got a thor phase 4 jersey not to long ago...well every 1 knows after the first few rides dust combined with sweat makes the jersey hella dirty....ive tried every thing i could to get it back white again in the white spots...its still pretty muched stained...ive tried greased lightning, simple green, oxyclean, all....ive even soaked it....nothing seems to be cleaning it...so if any of yall out there that have ne jersey cleaning tips let me know....ridding arround with a mud stained jersey is kinda embarrassing b/c it looks like u didnt wash it....thanks

Doibugu2
08-11-2003, 03:18 AM
I would like to know too.

Pappy
08-11-2003, 03:19 AM
i spray mine down with simple green and let sit...then rinse and wash in washer machine..clean as a whistle:D

Doibugu2
08-11-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i spray mine down with simple green and let sit...then rinse and wash in washer machine..clean as a whistle:D

Simple green? Is that your answer for everything? Just read your thread about cleaning the quads, he he.

I'm going to have to get me a bottle of that.

Pappy
08-11-2003, 03:30 AM
ive used simple green forever, great stuff:macho harlen actually taught me how to use it:scary: it works best when the part you are cleaning is wet....the chemical in the simple green is water activated.

popo
08-11-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
ive used simple green forever, great stuff:macho harlen actually taught me how to use it:scary: it works best when the part you are cleaning is wet....the chemical in the simple green is water activated.

You should have sprayed ROWLRAG down with that after his couch dance with Peaches.

:eek2:

Juggalo
08-11-2003, 08:46 AM
liquid tide detergent seems to work good for me. i've got the phase 3 jersey. for some of the tougher spots i will drip some detergent on the spots and rub it in real good and let it sit for a minute or 2 before i throw it in the wash. i also throw a cup thingy of oxy clean in there too but i'm not sure if that helps a lot or not.

AtvMxRider
08-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Get Shout in the spray bottle it has worked great for me. Just spray the chit ouf it then wash it.

Duncanracer
08-11-2003, 09:17 AM
just tell thor that you're a top pro rider and need a jersey for, walking around,autograph sessions,1st practice, second practice,1st moto, in between motos,second moto, etc...for every single race...lol, you'll never have to worry about washing them...

seriously though, i use some spray stuff....and simple green..just let it soak..then spray off and then wash and dry with tide or whatever you use...

TCracin440ex
08-11-2003, 04:43 PM
thanks for the tips...yea i agreee simple green is some good stuff....it works on just about anything...and it smells good too...i use simple green to get the mud stains off my 400ex plastics...b/c they yellow and you guy should know how yellow and white will stain and turn colors.....but i like my yellow b/c it stands out like a sore thumb esp with the red frame

TCracin440ex
08-11-2003, 04:47 PM
duncan thats a nice idea n all but wouldnt they do like a check or look for some resume...i wish i had the sponsors that the pros do...must be nice.....my friend got a yzf 426 bored it out to a 440 in a houser frame for FREEE....he didnt pay a dime on that bike

400ex Racer
08-13-2003, 06:21 PM
All i can say or do is....GO 2 MOM....SHE KNOWS ALLL THE TRICKS OF THE TRADE.....Mine was coverd from a race i was like dag i gottta go buy a new one asked mom if she would wash it next day it looked brand new...soooooo ask mommy....

Cody
400Ex

TCracin440ex
08-13-2003, 07:06 PM
nah my mom knows how to wash clothes...but grandmas are the 1s that know all the clothes cleaning tricks...:D

mikeboone
08-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I got a new Thor AC jersey and am going to spray it w/ Scotchguard b4 I take it out. That stuff is supposed to repel dirt/water..:cool:

TCracin440ex
08-14-2003, 09:42 PM
yea it does but it only does it to a point....it will not protect the jersey from gettin stained...

rider250ex
08-18-2003, 06:35 AM
just soak it in a sink wit hot water and lestiol. thats what i do for my edge jersey

TCracin440ex
08-18-2003, 07:03 AM
the directions say wash in cold water...heat causes shrinkage and will wash the life out of it

08-18-2003, 08:31 AM
I normally just spray it off with the garden hose,, then let it dry and put it back in my gear bag for the next ride...:confused2

Mine stays stained from the first ride until it gets chit canned...:devil:

FrankMX
08-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Just spray a litte bit of brake cleaner on your chersey and scrub. :eek2: (Not a joke.... it will not damage your chersey) This trick come from Mom... :p After that, let it soak in some Tide soap and put it into the washing machine with cold water...