PDA

View Full Version : At work I saw

CowsBitePeople
08-10-2003, 02:25 PM
I was at work today and there is an intersection at the corner....So this guy at the light in his truck has a raptor in the bed and he was makeing a left turn through the intersection and the raptor slit hit the side and flipped out of the bed of the truck!!Then rolled down the road and his buddy behind him stopped infront of it to block off traffic....I went over there and the think was all messed up....The bars, levers plastics lights Etc....Then the guy who had it in the track said"Crap we gotta go to the shop and get some new S h i t For this before Blah Blah(owner ) finds out he wrecked his friends quad:eek2: so they threw it back into the truck and took off to the yamaha shop....Happend right infront of the police station....the cop cam over and asked if everything was ok.... then left didnt even care lol>....Just thought i would share the story and the moral to this story or whatever....ALWAYS TIE DOWN YOUR MACHINES!!

MaTT....

AtvMxRider
08-10-2003, 02:37 PM
:D :blah:

Chef
08-10-2003, 02:49 PM
I guess I will start tiein em down then eh?:eek:

Striker49
08-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Rappys do have a high center of gravity...but he took it to a whole new level. :huh
At least no one was injured. :)

Woodsrider
08-10-2003, 02:54 PM
I watched a brand new Rancher come off a trailer on I-5 about two years ago. The guy was on his way out for his first ride on it.
He was using something that looked like a "club" to tie it to the trailer. when the suspension compressed on a bump in the road the lock came off and the quad was free to roll off the back of the trailer. Not every day you see a grown man cry. :ermm:

4wheelboy
08-10-2003, 03:07 PM
....ALWAYS TIE DOWN YOUR MACHINES!!

with rope:rolleyes:

KASCHAK
08-10-2003, 03:21 PM
ouch! i gotta start tying down my stuff to. i just put thm in front so they dont go back but in an accident the quad will come right out. tire it down at eath tire!!!

Atreyu
08-10-2003, 03:45 PM
I wish I came in early to see that! Oh well..:scary:

CowsBitePeople
08-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
I wish I came in early to see that! Oh well..:scary:

You had to go and bee all sick!!Lmao waaaaaaaaaatt!!

roostin_dale
08-10-2003, 04:11 PM
:ermm:

Narly R
08-10-2003, 05:02 PM
WOW! my friend's 400 fell outa his ranger....Jekly_22....:D LMAO!

Black400
08-10-2003, 05:54 PM
about 3 years ago my cuz had his quad on a tilt trailer and forgot to put the pin in trailer (so it does tilt back) and he was going down the highway and it just tilted up and the quad rolled out but it didnt mess it up it stayed rubber side down.:eek:

JTRtrx250r
08-10-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
I was at work today and there is an intersection at the corner....So this guy at the light in his truck has a raptor in the bed and he was makeing a left turn through the intersection and the raptor slit hit the side and flipped out of the bed of the truck!!Then rolled down the road and his buddy behind him stopped infront of it to block off traffic....I went over there and the think was all messed up....The bars, levers plastics lights Etc....Then the guy who had it in the track said"Crap we gotta go to the shop and get some new S h i t For this before Blah Blah(owner ) finds out he wrecked his friends quad:eek2: so they threw it back into the truck and took off to the yamaha shop....Happend right infront of the police station....the cop cam over and asked if everything was ok.... then left didnt even care lol>....Just thought i would share the story and the moral to this story or whatever....ALWAYS TIE DOWN YOUR MACHINES!!

MaTT.... that ought to teach the dumbchit,dump thousands into a quad and NOT TIE IT DOWN:rolleyes: :huh ..........some ppl's kids:confused2

I saw some spode tryin' to think he was cool and 4x'n pretty wildly on the way out of the riding area we were in w/ his quad in the back,just as he got onto pavement he whipped it and mashed the gas pedal........just then his quad flipped out of the back,did about 3-4 rolls ,hit the guard rail,went up and over it down a 80ft ravine:eek2: :confused2 :rolleyes: .......tie -downs work wonders haha:D

Fender Bender
08-10-2003, 07:40 PM
I was just thinking about my rangers tailgate coming down and the R falling out of the back of it yesterday... it was my first time hauling the quad, and i didnt use tie downs. I took backroads to be safe though.

Evo8
08-10-2003, 09:59 PM
I always miss the good stuff that happens in town :(

Glow Plug
08-11-2003, 03:23 AM
lol, NOw I guess he learnt a vauable lesson :rolleyes:

250xex
08-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Yea, they say raptors are tippy. jp. but man that has got to suck, expecially if it isnt yours.