PDA

View Full Version : shaved fenders?

sportrax420
08-10-2003, 12:21 PM
i am considering shaving my fenders, i was j/w what some of the benefits and downsides to shaved fenders are

CHAUNCY
08-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Some people like to see where there tires are which is a benifit. But if you ride in alot of mud you will get muddy:eek:

4wheelboy
08-10-2003, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CHAUNCY
Some people like to see where there tires are which is a benifit. But if you ride in alot of mud you will get muddy:eek: [/QUOTE) very muddy;)

ridesa02400EX
08-14-2003, 08:28 AM
i shaved my fenders and i love it you might get a little bit more muddy but you can see where your tires are going and its easier to avoid hitting stuff with your tires if you can see them

SAND LUVR
08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
What about if you ride in the sand or dirt? Do you get sand or dirt in your face more or what?

Rip_Tear
08-14-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't really get this "Seeing the tire" thing, I can tell where my tires are and I have full fenders... My fenders have saved me from a lot of mud! It just cakes on there some times and I just look at them and say, WOW Glad they are there!

Out_Sider
08-14-2003, 12:26 PM
i was considering shaving the front fenders on my 300, but i thought that since i want to start racing GNCC sometime, that it probably wouldnt be a good idea.... But about this seeing the tire, is it worth cutting the fenders for??

ridesa02400EX
08-15-2003, 10:12 AM
its just a little bit of mud most of it will fly over you anyways with shaved fenders and being able to see your tires is a lot better i rode for a few days with my shaved fenders then i tried to ride my friends 400 with full fenders and it felt really weird its a lot better to be able to actually see where your tires are going

08-15-2003, 11:32 AM
once you do it you will never want to ride a quad without shaved fenders ever again. It just feels too boxy or sumtin hard to explain. just do it you won't regret it it looks killer too :blah:

Out_Sider
08-15-2003, 12:06 PM
does any one have a good pic of their 300ex with cut front fenders? I want to see how good it really makes them look!!:D

SSracingNY
08-18-2003, 08:53 AM
I know 2 people and they both have 400's. The 1 kid has shaved fenders and the other 1 doesnt. I ride them both all the time and i cant stay off the one with shaved fenders. Not only is it good to see your tires and where they are going but it kinda gives you something else to look at going down the trail if you are at a day dreaming speed.

300extreme#8
08-21-2003, 03:51 PM
omg, i love shaved fenders it makes a huge diff.i'm never goin back to unshaved and if i ever buy a new quad i'll put 1 ride on it maybe but as soon as it's in the shop parked the fenders are shaved off.for some reason i feel faster with shaved fenderss and i can climb hills better to,it helps out all round ridin make matter where it makes a diff,and to tell you the truth i only get a lil i man lil bit more muddier then before,but it must be my tires but the only bad thing i can ever say is when you have arm pump real bad and you jump rode through the woods and got mud in your tires when you wide out it shoots it up as you pick up speed and sometimes it stings but most the time i don't feel it b/c of the rush of ridin o yea did i mention it makes ridin more fun.

Out_Sider
08-24-2003, 02:25 PM
well uh... I think i'm keeping my full fenders because i ride creeks with ROCKS, muddy trails, and I think that my full fenders would fit my riding style better than shaved fronts. ;)